the morning after
Some of my friends advised me not to drink when I'm depressed. They said I'd only get away from the feeling for the night and end up feeling worse the morning after. Normally, I'd listen to my friends. But after being in my depression state for the past few days, I needed to go out and have a drink (or two or three).
However, the prospect of drinking by myself was hardly an option. If I did this, I'd only end up feeling bad. So I did what an ordinary person would do... I called up the a girlfriend who drinks. Usually, I would want to be in a company of a guy friend cause they provide a totally different perspective on things and life. But for last night, I was in the mood to be with the only girl I know who drinks Red Horse macho mug with a straw -- Ramibabe.
As when you're in a bad mood, things end up more negative rather than positive. To illustrate,
1. I couldn't get a cab to go to Eastwood. Luckily, I met with a friend who would provide me a lift to Eastwood. Unluckily, we had to walk 15minutes from Megamall to the carpark -- with me wearing a pair of 4-inch sandals. Suffice to say, I had blisters on my feet when I got to Eastwood.
2. Because of the walking from one side of Ortigas to another, I was late for my date with Ramibabe. I never liked waiting, so as much as possible, I don't like being waited on. After all, fair is fair.
3. With two single girls in a mood for a good time, we couldn't find any of our guy friends (or boy toys!) available to join us. Either they're not allowed by their moms or girlfriends, or they just didn't reply to texts or calls -- which makes the whole thing sad. (Wala bang nagmamahal sa amin???)
4. The only guys interested (and flirted) were the guys waiting on our tables. So not interested.
5. Just when we had 3 bottles of SanMig Light each, looking really tipsy, and going to the john every 5minutes or so, I saw my CEO and COO bosses and they stopped to chat, asked me who I was with and commented that I was drinking too much (with two bottles of beer on top of our table.) Trying to look and sound sober, I replied I was with a friend (who was in the john) and that I wasn't drinking a lot. (I dont think they believed it.) The only good thing about that was I was sitting down cause I distinctly remember not being able to walk in a straight line with my last trip to the john.
6. After which, we headed to a coffee shop for a much needed coffee. I ordered white chocolate mocha and the stupid barrista gave me a mocha. Needing to bitch, I returned the coffee and asked for a new one, specifically saying non-fat milk and no whipped cream. Aside from being stupid, the barrista was probably deaf cause he added whipped cream. Commenting on this, he simply removed it from the coffee. Thinking back on how the coffee tasted (and how my tummy reacted last night and this morning), I think he might have placed whole milk instead of the non-fat milk I specified.
Having vented all those, the night wasn't bad at all, considering I was with one of best girlfriends I have right now. The connection I have with this girl from the first time I met her is mind-blowing (We realized we've known each other more than a month now!) It's like we're on the same wavelength (or was that the beer talking???) I really had a great time with her and I'm not depressed anymore.
Now that makes all the stupid sh*t worth it.
However, the prospect of drinking by myself was hardly an option. If I did this, I'd only end up feeling bad. So I did what an ordinary person would do... I called up the a girlfriend who drinks. Usually, I would want to be in a company of a guy friend cause they provide a totally different perspective on things and life. But for last night, I was in the mood to be with the only girl I know who drinks Red Horse macho mug with a straw -- Ramibabe.
As when you're in a bad mood, things end up more negative rather than positive. To illustrate,
1. I couldn't get a cab to go to Eastwood. Luckily, I met with a friend who would provide me a lift to Eastwood. Unluckily, we had to walk 15minutes from Megamall to the carpark -- with me wearing a pair of 4-inch sandals. Suffice to say, I had blisters on my feet when I got to Eastwood.
2. Because of the walking from one side of Ortigas to another, I was late for my date with Ramibabe. I never liked waiting, so as much as possible, I don't like being waited on. After all, fair is fair.
3. With two single girls in a mood for a good time, we couldn't find any of our guy friends (or boy toys!) available to join us. Either they're not allowed by their moms or girlfriends, or they just didn't reply to texts or calls -- which makes the whole thing sad. (Wala bang nagmamahal sa amin???)
4. The only guys interested (and flirted) were the guys waiting on our tables. So not interested.
5. Just when we had 3 bottles of SanMig Light each, looking really tipsy, and going to the john every 5minutes or so, I saw my CEO and COO bosses and they stopped to chat, asked me who I was with and commented that I was drinking too much (with two bottles of beer on top of our table.) Trying to look and sound sober, I replied I was with a friend (who was in the john) and that I wasn't drinking a lot. (I dont think they believed it.) The only good thing about that was I was sitting down cause I distinctly remember not being able to walk in a straight line with my last trip to the john.
6. After which, we headed to a coffee shop for a much needed coffee. I ordered white chocolate mocha and the stupid barrista gave me a mocha. Needing to bitch, I returned the coffee and asked for a new one, specifically saying non-fat milk and no whipped cream. Aside from being stupid, the barrista was probably deaf cause he added whipped cream. Commenting on this, he simply removed it from the coffee. Thinking back on how the coffee tasted (and how my tummy reacted last night and this morning), I think he might have placed whole milk instead of the non-fat milk I specified.
Having vented all those, the night wasn't bad at all, considering I was with one of best girlfriends I have right now. The connection I have with this girl from the first time I met her is mind-blowing (We realized we've known each other more than a month now!) It's like we're on the same wavelength (or was that the beer talking???) I really had a great time with her and I'm not depressed anymore.
Now that makes all the stupid sh*t worth it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home