Tuesday, May 11, 2004

on posting and priorities

I've been wanting to post since last Friday. However, due to some urgent matters in the office I have been unable to post, attend my brother's birthday party, and meet my balikbayan friend for dinner.

As a very close friend pointed out, what are your priorities??? How could you miss your brother's birthday??? I could list my priorities in a particular order, but instead of doing so, I would like to raise a question: In matters of urgency and pressure, wouldn't your priorities change temporarily?

Yes, my brother is important and so is my friend (my blog isn't that important yet). But when you're in a new position, have yet to prove yourself, and with a very tight deadline to meet, won't it be justifiable to attend to work first before family and friends?

Or has the corporate world corrupted the values I think I have?

Maybe I'm just making excuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home