work doesn't feel like work no more
Yesterday and today, I'm not a business development manager as I am designated at work.
I am Cecil, videographer and video editor, for a 5-minute clip that's supposed to be presented to the region.
The office should be thankful that I have a 3CCD video cam. Without it, we wouldn't have been able to film the short clips yesterday. They should also be thankful that I have a boyfriend from work, who has this wonderful laptop with 1GB of memory, to easily render the clips.
*sigh*
I wish that they at least provided some sort of budget for our Starbucks nights, as we downloaded the needed paraphernalia for their commercial.
Oh yeah, I remember. They were required to have zero budget for this effort (meaning no professional to work on this.) It was supposed to be a DIY project.
So what the hell am I doing this for?
Assuming I do this well, I get a pat on the back and 5% for my performance appraisal, for work done beyond duty. The rest of the 95% suffers though.
If I don't do a good work, the 5% goes down the drain with the other 95%. At least, I wouldn't be asked to this in the future.
Either way, I get the raw end of the deal.
For tomorrow, I'll be at Manila Peninsula. However, they won't be serving lunch for free. Tsk tsk.
Cheapskate.
I'm required to be in business attire.
Sheesh.
I don't own one. Or at least I don't fit in those that are gathering cobwebs in my closet.
I am Cecil, videographer and video editor, for a 5-minute clip that's supposed to be presented to the region.
The office should be thankful that I have a 3CCD video cam. Without it, we wouldn't have been able to film the short clips yesterday. They should also be thankful that I have a boyfriend from work, who has this wonderful laptop with 1GB of memory, to easily render the clips.
*sigh*
I wish that they at least provided some sort of budget for our Starbucks nights, as we downloaded the needed paraphernalia for their commercial.
Oh yeah, I remember. They were required to have zero budget for this effort (meaning no professional to work on this.) It was supposed to be a DIY project.
So what the hell am I doing this for?
Assuming I do this well, I get a pat on the back and 5% for my performance appraisal, for work done beyond duty. The rest of the 95% suffers though.
If I don't do a good work, the 5% goes down the drain with the other 95%. At least, I wouldn't be asked to this in the future.
Either way, I get the raw end of the deal.
* * *
The coming March seems to be a Training Month. For more than a week, I'm going to be on training. Some on-site, some off site.For tomorrow, I'll be at Manila Peninsula. However, they won't be serving lunch for free. Tsk tsk.
Cheapskate.
I'm required to be in business attire.
Sheesh.
I don't own one. Or at least I don't fit in those that are gathering cobwebs in my closet.

3 Comments:
hey.
kumusta na? i lost your number again. email me. ;)
hi chip,
refresh my memory =) who's this again?
Hey you. How's it going?
Post a Comment
<< Home