weekends on the road
A little over five months and we are tying the knot.
The last 4 weekends are a blur. Traveling back and forth from my parents' house to his parents' house, we have a preview of how our married weekends are likely to be. Quite frankly, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the 40km distance, considering the traffic in Metro Manila to Cavite.
Mondays, I feel so tired as if I can't get enough sleep. Hence, this post.
But no matter how bad the traffic is or how my weekends are getting shorter, I'm taking it all in. My future in-laws and I are doing quite well, spending quality time baking and cooking. My parents and Ivan are pretty good, too. Just that they won't let us sleep in the same room -- they are too conservative for our age.
The irony about all this is that I don't even drive. Not because I chose not to drive, but the fact that I can't drive because I don't know how to. I'm complaining and all but I'm just a passenger in all these trips. I should actually be more concerned for Ivan.
The difference is, Ivan has been doing this since he was in college. The travel is as much a part of his life like his computer. In my case, I've never studied or work far from my house. Anything over 20minutes traveling time (excluding traffic) is far already. My concept of traveling more than an hour involves outings or plane trips.
I sincerely hope my old body gets used to this. Because I sincerely want to grow old with the man beside me, currently playing Warhammer 40K in his laptop.
The last 4 weekends are a blur. Traveling back and forth from my parents' house to his parents' house, we have a preview of how our married weekends are likely to be. Quite frankly, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the 40km distance, considering the traffic in Metro Manila to Cavite.
Mondays, I feel so tired as if I can't get enough sleep. Hence, this post.
But no matter how bad the traffic is or how my weekends are getting shorter, I'm taking it all in. My future in-laws and I are doing quite well, spending quality time baking and cooking. My parents and Ivan are pretty good, too. Just that they won't let us sleep in the same room -- they are too conservative for our age.
The irony about all this is that I don't even drive. Not because I chose not to drive, but the fact that I can't drive because I don't know how to. I'm complaining and all but I'm just a passenger in all these trips. I should actually be more concerned for Ivan.
The difference is, Ivan has been doing this since he was in college. The travel is as much a part of his life like his computer. In my case, I've never studied or work far from my house. Anything over 20minutes traveling time (excluding traffic) is far already. My concept of traveling more than an hour involves outings or plane trips.
I sincerely hope my old body gets used to this. Because I sincerely want to grow old with the man beside me, currently playing Warhammer 40K in his laptop.

1 Comments:
sometimes in the long run getting married becomes or makes life more economical. diba? no more travels apart. dates at home nalang etc. :) konting tiis nalang :)
exciting noh? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home