Wednesday, July 21, 2004

light stories, litte thoughts

I've been meaning to post something sane the whole day. But with a bad hangover and hectic workday filled with meanings, I couldn't conjure a decent post.  I think my minimum alcohol intake the week before got back at me... with reinforcements!

So I'm going to throw my thoughts in the air and hope that it results into something fun to read.

  • I used up my "winnings" from the badminton game last Friday and invited officemates to join me at Sidebar.  I ended up with one officemate and two friends outside the office, not counting the three officemates who dropped by but didn't drink.  Whooppeee!  More beers for me.

  • Chino and Ramibabe were good drinking buddies.  From all the talk of gay men, job application, dancing, and drinking, we had tons of fun.  Sad that Lourds wasn't there anymore when everyone was getting tipsy.  I remember how they tried to stop me from drinking my last beer and laughing at my futile attempt to knot a short cherry stem inside my mouth. 

  • Everything last night was cool, except whenever I remember I'm eons  a generation four/five years older than them.  Oh yeah, and the crowd at Sidebar wasn't as great as I'm used to.  The only one clapping was me and the only one raring to dance is Ramibabe.  Most likely cause it's a Tuesday night.  I remember her saying "Pigilan nyo ko!"  (Stop me [from dancing]!)

  • I had a 9am meeting this morning so I couldn't make an excuse not to go to work for the massive headache (a.k.a. hangover) I was experiencing.  Good thing that it got moved to 11am.  Yahoo!  Thank God for small things.  I wouldn't want to make a mess on a meeting I'm supposed to be facilitating.  I don't need my officemates to know how bad a drunk I am.

  • The bed weather added on my reluctance to get out of bed.  It was raining and the sheets were cold.  The kind of weather that makes me wish I was literally sleeping with somebody. 

  • Mom woke me up and said I had to go to work cause the traffic would be bad.  As usual, she was right.

  • Spent the whole day attending meeting after meeting, working on my deliverables, and fighting the need to sleep. 

  • Oh yeah, I had like the worst meeting after lunch with the COO.  He totally took me by surprised.  I'm almost surprised I didn't slur while speaking to him.  Honestly, I'm not sure if I was coherent enough when I was answering his questions.  Kinda reminded me of my thesis oral defenses with terror teachers!

  • I spent the whole afternoon thinking about my future phone, an O2 XDAII.  I'm so excited I want to go to Hub (Podium) and ask for it.  Unfortunately, they don't have stock yet andwill be calling as soon as they get one.  I hope I get it before the week ends.  Yes, dear friends, I'll be changing mobile numbers soon enough!  Though it really wouldn't be much of a change since only one digit will be changed.  :)  Only, you might end up contacting my brother if you forget to update your phones with my new number.

  • I think I need that mobile phone cum pda more to organize my social calendar more than anything else.  I have gimiks scheduled for the weekend.  With what Chino and Ramibabe have in mind for Friday night, I don't think I'm going home.  Hmmmm, I wonder if my being grounded will be over by then considering I came home 12midnight last night.  Btw, Chino, don't forget the extra-joss on Friday!!!

  • My friend, Jane, said my blog is fun to read.  That is sooooo good to know!  I'm a schmuck when it comes to these things, it doesn't take much to make me sooooo happy.

  • I got a chance to chat with old friends and make new ones lately.  It feels so nice to have people around me.  The feeling of not being alone kinda makes up for being single and sexually inactive not being in a relationship.

  • Traffic on the way home was as bad as getting to work.  I opted to go home during the rush hour so that I'll be in early and will be in my folks' good graces by Friday.  Hehehe  :) 

  • CSI Las Vegas was a replay so here I am in the computer helping my brother do some of his school work and posting this nonsense post.

  • This is me and my brother when we're in our better moods (i.e. not fighting):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home