some alone time
Updates in blue.
I started my penitence for the holy week a bit early this year. Abstaining from gimiks.
Unintentionally, though.
After all, I had plans on going out to gimik both Saturday and Sunday. But due to Mark cancelling Saturday's gimik (what's new???) and the impromptu lunch and dinner at our house on Sunday, I was a couch-potato over the weekend.
I was literally in bed the whole time, save for anticipated mass last Saturday.
Plus the fact that the monthly visitor dropped by on the wee hours of Monday morning, which made me unable to go to work. Ergo, I stayed in bed a day longer.
I managed to watch two episodes of The Contender, the first episode of Lost, an hour each of CSI: las vegas (season 5), Fear Factor, Oprah Primetime, and Amazing Race 7, two hours of CSI: Miami reruns and Amazing Race 4, various of cartoons from Disney Channel, in between channel flipping through ETC, AXN, Star World, Lifestyle Network, HBO, Star World, Cinemax, and Hallmark. I watched (and re-watched) a couple of movies like Spartacus, Alex and Emma, Intolerable Cruelty, and The Rundown.
It took forever for me to watch HBO's Pay-Per-View's Morales vs. Pacquiao: Coming with Everything. Results were known two hours before it was shown in Solar Sports. Such a disappointing game to think that Manny put on a pretty good fight. He got Erik so wobbly in Round 12 but not woozy enough to knock him out. I felt bad for awhile so I went on flipping channels.
To be honest, I can't wait for The Pacifier (showing March 30) and CSI: New York (premiering on April 5).
Due to my hormonal imbalance at this point of the month, I ended up crying when I saw a replay of Oprah's 2004 Favorite Things. It was in this episode that she gave each one of her teacher guests a laptop, flatscreen tv, mp3 player, dryer, Burberry jacket and scarf, all expense-paid trip to her favorite spa, among other things. I cried because I imagined how it would be like to receive all those gifts and to be recognized for all the efforts you made educating the young people of America. I guess that episode weighed soooo much more than the cars she gave away one time.
I'm no Oprah but I'd love to put up a list of my favorite things right now. However, I don't have a complete list... At the top of my head, I can say:
I started my penitence for the holy week a bit early this year. Abstaining from gimiks.
Unintentionally, though.
After all, I had plans on going out to gimik both Saturday and Sunday. But due to Mark cancelling Saturday's gimik (what's new???) and the impromptu lunch and dinner at our house on Sunday, I was a couch-potato over the weekend.
I was literally in bed the whole time, save for anticipated mass last Saturday.
Plus the fact that the monthly visitor dropped by on the wee hours of Monday morning, which made me unable to go to work. Ergo, I stayed in bed a day longer.
I managed to watch two episodes of The Contender, the first episode of Lost, an hour each of CSI: las vegas (season 5), Fear Factor, Oprah Primetime, and Amazing Race 7, two hours of CSI: Miami reruns and Amazing Race 4, various of cartoons from Disney Channel, in between channel flipping through ETC, AXN, Star World, Lifestyle Network, HBO, Star World, Cinemax, and Hallmark. I watched (and re-watched) a couple of movies like Spartacus, Alex and Emma, Intolerable Cruelty, and The Rundown.
It took forever for me to watch HBO's Pay-Per-View's Morales vs. Pacquiao: Coming with Everything. Results were known two hours before it was shown in Solar Sports. Such a disappointing game to think that Manny put on a pretty good fight. He got Erik so wobbly in Round 12 but not woozy enough to knock him out. I felt bad for awhile so I went on flipping channels.
To be honest, I can't wait for The Pacifier (showing March 30) and CSI: New York (premiering on April 5).
Due to my hormonal imbalance at this point of the month, I ended up crying when I saw a replay of Oprah's 2004 Favorite Things. It was in this episode that she gave each one of her teacher guests a laptop, flatscreen tv, mp3 player, dryer, Burberry jacket and scarf, all expense-paid trip to her favorite spa, among other things. I cried because I imagined how it would be like to receive all those gifts and to be recognized for all the efforts you made educating the young people of America. I guess that episode weighed soooo much more than the cars she gave away one time.
I'm no Oprah but I'd love to put up a list of my favorite things right now. However, I don't have a complete list... At the top of my head, I can say:
- Starbucks in the mornings: White Chocolate Mocca, No Whipped Cream, Non-fat Milk and honey glazed donut (heated!).
- Jack's Loft Decadence Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- McDonalds (Hongkong) and Big Brother's Vanilla Milkshake.
- Always Double Dutch or Coffee Crumble when it comes to ice cream.
- Hershey's Kisses with Almonds for chocolates.
- Capri Menthol for smokes. (Big thanks to Mharlon for reminding me. I can't believe I left that out!)
- I don't wear knickers that aren't Marks and Spencer.
- Despite the dozens of perfume I have, Gucci Rush 2 and Armani White are at the top 2 places.
- Jeans are normally David Bitton and slacks are Giordano.
- Shoes are typically Bass. But the ones I got from China are a close second!
- Day-to-day shirts (indoor) are Giordano, cutie (pastel) shirts and skirts (that make me feel like a teenager) by Just G, while office clothes are Guess, Bossini, Baleno, and U2.
- Esprit and Girbaud for my conventional wallets, belts, and bags.
- Lotions and body oil by Nuetragena, while Ivory is the only acceptable soap and shampoo so that I won't have pimples.
- Books are from Nicholas Sparks to Dan Brown, Mike Gayle to Jane Green, Shell Silverstein to Bill Watterson. So love the book Mr. Commitment by Mike Gayle, Mr. Maybe by Jane Green, and The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. Every (romantic) girl should own a copy of these books. Definitely Calvin and Hobbes for comics.
- TV Shows that I watch consistently in a week (meaning I make it a point to be go home early!) are Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, CSI (las Vegas and Miami), and, now, Lost. Oh yeah, Disney Channel every Saturday morning. However, I try to catch as much TV as I can over the week days.
- Movies that I will always have no matter what: My Bestfriend's Wedding, Matrix Trilogy, Something about Mary, Wedding Singer, Meet Joe Black, and Love Actually (Hugh Grant dancing still racks me up until now!), among dozens of movies
- Songs that I will play forever in my head: Moon River (Andy Williams), Till There Was You and As Time Goes By (Peggy Lea), The Nearness of you (Frank Sinatra), The Way You Look Tonight (Tony Bennett), People are People (D'Sound), Name (Goo Goo Dolls), You're a God and I'm Still Here (Vertical Horizon), Basketcase (Greenday), Back to You and Love Song for No One (John Mayer), Unwell (Matchbox20), Satellite (DMB), Soul to Squeeze (Red Hot Chili Pepper), The Scientist (Coldplay), among hundreds of songs.
- Of course, my phone, O2 XDA ii with 512mb SD Card, despite them coming up with a smaller version with supposedly the same features. Can't leave home without it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home