twice in my life
Last Friday, I had a meeting in U.N. Ave., Manila, with two other officemates. Normally, we have a car that services us to client calls. Worst case scenario, we take a cab. But for this particular meeting, the head of the team announced that we'd be taking the MRT3 and LRT1.
I had mix emotions when I heard that. I'm sure the transfers between trains would induce my sweat glands to be more active and I didn't feel comfortable meeting with clients smelling like the sun and perspiring like ice on a hot day.
However, although I have riden the MRT3 more than I can count, I only rode the LRT1 once in my life -- when I was in second grade. Approximately 18 years ago. I remember that memory all too well because I was robbed of ten pesos while I was riding the train. (Mind you, ten pesos back then was a lot of money.)
Now, that's twice in my entire life.
Like Baguio, I've only been there twice in my entire life. Once when I was barely seven and the second time when I was twenty-three.
Or Putipot in Candelaria, Zambales, twice but succeeding years (2003 and 2004.) We might just be going back there this year.
In general, I believe in doing things at least once in my life. If I'd be given the chance to experience it more than once, then I know I'm going to enjoy it more the second time around.
Travel is something I'd really want to focus and experience. If I were to be given the chance, I'd want to experience the Philippines before I experience (or settle) in places outside the country. Visit the places at least once -- and if I really enjoy them, I'd come back for more.
My shortlist (in no particular order):
The thing is, it will not be so enjoyable doing this alone. I'd want to have at least one person to back-pack with me.
Any volunteer? ;)
I had mix emotions when I heard that. I'm sure the transfers between trains would induce my sweat glands to be more active and I didn't feel comfortable meeting with clients smelling like the sun and perspiring like ice on a hot day.
However, although I have riden the MRT3 more than I can count, I only rode the LRT1 once in my life -- when I was in second grade. Approximately 18 years ago. I remember that memory all too well because I was robbed of ten pesos while I was riding the train. (Mind you, ten pesos back then was a lot of money.)
Now, that's twice in my entire life.
Like Baguio, I've only been there twice in my entire life. Once when I was barely seven and the second time when I was twenty-three.
Or Putipot in Candelaria, Zambales, twice but succeeding years (2003 and 2004.) We might just be going back there this year.
* * *
In general, I believe in doing things at least once in my life. If I'd be given the chance to experience it more than once, then I know I'm going to enjoy it more the second time around.
Travel is something I'd really want to focus and experience. If I were to be given the chance, I'd want to experience the Philippines before I experience (or settle) in places outside the country. Visit the places at least once -- and if I really enjoy them, I'd come back for more.
My shortlist (in no particular order):
- Puerto Galera
- Boracay
- Palawan
- Cebu
- Sagada
- Pagudpod
- Davao
- Batanes
- Bohol
The thing is, it will not be so enjoyable doing this alone. I'd want to have at least one person to back-pack with me.
Any volunteer? ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home