Monday, February 28, 2005

wake up call

I woke up with a start this morning. At 5:44am, I received a text message from my ex-boyfriend that stated, "whether you like it or not, you have to move on without me... i can't be there anymore..."

Now, wny am I busting my bum out because of this text?

(Aside from the fact that the phrase "you have to move on without me...", is the most obnoxious and arrogant part of the text that sent me fuming and blogging at 6:27am. What a jackass!)

Quite frankly, something has been bothering me for the past week (which explains why I haven't been posting much.) For some strange reason, and my demented thoughts, I had gone to ask this particular ex-boyfriend for help, taking into context his experiences with the subject matter of what's bothering me. Maybe he could talk to me about dealing with fears, or at least covering up on them, since God knows he has a lot of them.

(Ok, I'm being sarcastic here.)

While I realize that we are no longer together, I had counted on the fact that he cared enough for me for us to remain friends. I was wrong in that count.

That's one less person to go to my funeral.

I may not be the world's greatest girlfriend, but I sure know I'm one hell of a friend. I keep my friends close to my heart and am not the kind of person to cut ties with them, just because it's no longer convenient.

When we share experiences with people, a past so to speak, this is what forges the bond between us. Unless you experience a case of amnesia, then this forged friendship will always be there for the both of you. You can't ignore the fact that you happened on each other's life. And that you're experiences with one another contributed to the person that you have become now.

But then, I realize, not all people belive that. Not all are like that.

Some people would rather forget than remember.

Such a sad way to get up from bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home