Sunday, September 18, 2005

about a boy

I got to tell you... This week has got to be the longest, most draining week I've ever had at my new work. A mighty long week indeed.

Let's just put it simply, people there work hard, and they party hard, too!

Last Wednesday, I got invited to Arubba in Metrowalk because of an event sponsored by Magic 89.9. Life in marketing does have its perks. It was free food and booze that night. Except that the partying that night only lasted for less than 2 hours because we had to work till 9:30pm. So I had to drown a bottle of beer and two vodka tonics in an hour.

Clearly, the earliest I got home this week was 11pm and the latest was about 3am (but then again I was out with P that Monday. I had to be in the office by 830am the following day cause I'm still proby. Of course, my boss allows me to be a little late on the days I had to spend long hours at work.

Which brings me to what I love about my job right now... On the nights I had to extend I have a car service to bring me home. Atleast, I and my folks don't have to be worried about how I'm getting home and if I'll be getting home safe at all. Thank God for that benefit!

* * *

I've been making friends in the office. I have to say this. There are a lot of cute guys at the workplace (except half of them are gay!)

So what about this new guy I mentioned in my previous post? Well, he reminds me a lot about Mark (the guy I was obssessing about late last year.) He's a bit mayabang, manyak, and a lot feeling gwapo (but I fancied him even before I found out about his reputation.) I've been told that he hits on all the women

I like guys who are confident and all, but somehow his is over! During the party, he had pictures with all of the girls in the party. It was like out of the 500 pictures, 300 of them were his shots with some chick. I'm not at all jealous but it kinda made him look a bit trying hard and pathetic.

Oh, and I hate the way he flatters girls to make them do what he asks them to. I told him that frankly when he wanted me to do something for him regarding a project we're both working on. "Quite frankly," I told him, "all you have to do is ask and cut out on the flattering bit, cause I'd only be more determined to say no to you."

But despite the bad start and his reputation that all the girls warned me about, he still brightens up my day and puts a smile on my face whenever we meet and say hi to each other. I'm still daydreaming that we might go on a date, and he'll hold my hand, and look at me sweetly. Then maybe, I'll get to see that side of him under all that outwardly facade that he shows people -- something in my gut feel is telling me that there's a nice, too sensitive man inside, who's been hurt before, but will make some girl a wonderful boyfriend.

Then again, I don't shit on my own backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home