Tuesday, September 13, 2005

quickie

I am taking a stolen moment at work to create this post just to update my blog. I suddenly had an opportunity to access the net and I just couldn't say "no" to it.

A lot has been happening to me the past couple of weeks and truly, time flies when you're having fun and enjoying life.

So, here's a run down on hectic days that I had:

  • September 2, 3:00pm. My division had a townhall meeting that they do once in a while. Primarily to talk about an upcoming employee activity, welcome the newcomers, and talk about the hattest party there'll ever be! Yep, the group was to celebrate a major achievement in the industry on September 12 (yesterday, I know!) at The Embassy. Ok, so I had to do a little dance in front of everyone as part of my initiation. Ghastly thought! After all, I don't dance unless patay-sindi!
  • September 2, 7:00pm. I had a reunion at my first job and saw old friends and old faces (not to mention old folks... =) hehehe!) It's clearly nice to go visit your past once in a while and recognize the fact that if it wasn't for that experience, you wouldn't be where you are right now. My first job may not have been the best company but it taught me the skill sets I need to succeed in my career.
  • In that same reunion, around 7:30pm, I saw the CEO of my second job. Primarily because the second company was the spin-off of the first. As the CEO headed the first company, once in his life (I was still in highschool then.), it felt good that he, too, would visit one of the companies he worked at. It was really nice when he greeted me with a warm hug. I guess, even if I left his company, I know I'd still be welcomed back with open arms.
  • September 2, 8:30pm. I actually dropped by the place where my second company was located to get a piece of check. Part of the last pay I was supposed to get. Pittance of an amount, really! But for someone as poor as a mouse, it's still money. The CFO happened to be celebrating his birthday that day (I was informed it was the whole afternoon!) and I got a bit lot drunk.
  • September 8. After what seems to be forever, Anna and I finally had dinner together (in between work hours of course!) during my dinner break.
  • I did get to see P twice during the period I haven't blogged. He's still the guy I'm sorta-kinda-not totally seeing. It's safe this way... After meeting a stalker who works here in Eastwood, that would be good enough as an excuse not to go out with him. Hint! He's the waiter guy in my post September 2004 posts in the dating scene and thank god for caller id.
  • September 9. Seven weeks in the company, I finally was able to finish my New Hires Orientation. The first one I didn't get to finish due to emergency work -- I'm glad I didn't get to! Considering that the orientation was held at EDSA Shangrila Hotel! To be honest with you, it was eat all you can pastries and brewed coffee!
  • September 12. Party at the Embassy. Truly, it was a great party primarily because of the great people in the group. Everybody dressed up not just in hats but in complete attire! The rain and traffic didn't stop us from having an awesome but short party. In a couple of hours time, we danced, drank, and been merry. Oh yeah, I won in the raffle -- a CD Walkman from Sony, which is great cause it's like the third from the best. I would have wanted the Tiffany bracelet that one of our partners gave away, or the trip to Hongkong for two that the other partner gave away so that he wouldn't be bested by the former!
Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pictures soon!

* * *

There's something else...

It's about this guy in the office. But I'll save it for next time.

Time's up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home