a room with a view

I am not sure how to blog what's been happening to me in the past week. To be honest with you, I'm still in a state of euphoria.
I got the job that I wanted, in the company that I wanted to be a part of. I am now a part of Marketing, which is a group I never thought I'd be in. I love my title so much... Cecil a.k.a. Business Development Manager.
So what if it rained hard on my first day? My aunt, who is now an officemate, is giving me a ride to and fro work which translates to no transportation expense. My office is also near my place (halfway compared to my previous work) and there are 6 elevators servicing 20 floors (compared to 4 elevators servicing 24 floors!)
So what if I still don't have a pc of my own to use (although an old laptop is assigned to me but I can't use it just yet because there's no license available) and my assigned chair sucks that I have to use a stationary chair? My area has a great view in my opinion cause I could see trees of green and beautiful houses (not shown). I have a nice desk and they're generous on the supplies. For one, I have my own stapler, which my previous company was so stingy on.
So what if I don't have much friends yet and I'm missing my yosimates (ciggy friends) from my previous job and the smoking area is so far away? At least, I'm cutting down on my smoking. The elevator rides are not so bad when I'm that desperate.
So what if Starbucks is no longer across the street, rather about 10 minutes walk? At least I'm cutting down on my expenses or increasing my exercise if I'm desperate for my staple drink.
So what if all I've been doing for the past two days are reading policies, process, and procedures nor do I have Internet access (see previous reason)? I'm learning something new. At the same time, I'm savoring the first few days when I'm not required to stay late.
So what if I got three missed opportunities with other companies, whose HR suddenly decided to call right after I signed on? I got what I prayed for.
Nothing/no one is raining on my parade right now. I am invincible.
I am loving LIFE!
Ok, minus the love part of life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home