almost but not quite
I mentioned in my previous post about the interview I was scheduled to have with the company I want to join in.
I went. I was early. Had breakfast at Starbucks. Smoked. Fixed myself in the bathroom. Used the elevator to go to the designated floor. Stayed in a room because I was still early. Got called in to the boss's office. 80 minutes later, left.
Dazed.
Ok, I can't remember much of it except for the following things:
Gawd, that seems like forever.
* * *
Realizing that I may just be a step away from getting the job I want, made me wonder how I'd feel if I lost it at that point.
It's like winning second place in the Amazing Race. Or being a second longer than the time to beat. Or drinking 21 shots of Fear Factor mixed drinks and not winning the $50,000 cash prize on the final challenge. Almost, but not quite.
For most part, I would say I'd chalk it up to experience. But when it comes to something that I really want, I'd rather not.
I'd rather not have gone through so much when I'm going to be dissed in the end.
I call it calculated risk.
It is only when I'm sure I'll be able to accept the consequences in both end of the spectrum do I take the chance because I don't want to end up regretting the decisions I make.
In this case, I have to be honest when I say I'm not sure if I can accept not getting this job.
The only time I wanted something so much like this was with my last boyfriend. 9 years I waited and then I took a risk. I thought it was a calculated risk. I gave in to the "What if we wore more than friends?" question that plagued most of my life and ended up destroying one of the most beautiful relationships I ever had. All because he said he doesn't love me anymore.
I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle it if the big boss rejects me. I don't want to just settle for another job, knowing how much I want this opportunity.
At the back of my mind, I know that things happen for a reason. If I'm not going to get this, I'm sure there's something better out there for me. Have faith, things will work out for the best.
Words of comfort.
I have to keep repeating that. Over and over. Maybe at the end of 12 days, I'll believe it and be ready to accept their decision either yes or no.
I went. I was early. Had breakfast at Starbucks. Smoked. Fixed myself in the bathroom. Used the elevator to go to the designated floor. Stayed in a room because I was still early. Got called in to the boss's office. 80 minutes later, left.
Dazed.
Ok, I can't remember much of it except for the following things:
- It was the first interview I had with the company, out of 5 in total, that I didn't came out happy or excited. In fact, I was in a state of shock that I was walking mechanically out of the building. I think if I wasn't able to snap out of it, I would have probably been roadkill.
- I knew I answered some of the questions wrong because she always had a comeback answer to my replies. In other words, binabara nya ang mga sagot ko. It was until later that I realized it might have been intentionally done so that she could see if I had an answer of my own to her response to my response.
- I'm not sure if I got certain things across with my answers. There were instances that I felt some words were more straight to the point than the ones I used.
- I never doubted before that I can get the job... until now. It takes only one person to reject me, despite the four people who made me go to the next level.
- I'm not sure if it's just a formality or I should take it as an encouragement when she asked the question, "When can you start?" as I was going out of her office door.
Gawd, that seems like forever.
Realizing that I may just be a step away from getting the job I want, made me wonder how I'd feel if I lost it at that point.
It's like winning second place in the Amazing Race. Or being a second longer than the time to beat. Or drinking 21 shots of Fear Factor mixed drinks and not winning the $50,000 cash prize on the final challenge. Almost, but not quite.
For most part, I would say I'd chalk it up to experience. But when it comes to something that I really want, I'd rather not.
I'd rather not have gone through so much when I'm going to be dissed in the end.
I call it calculated risk.
It is only when I'm sure I'll be able to accept the consequences in both end of the spectrum do I take the chance because I don't want to end up regretting the decisions I make.
In this case, I have to be honest when I say I'm not sure if I can accept not getting this job.
The only time I wanted something so much like this was with my last boyfriend. 9 years I waited and then I took a risk. I thought it was a calculated risk. I gave in to the "What if we wore more than friends?" question that plagued most of my life and ended up destroying one of the most beautiful relationships I ever had. All because he said he doesn't love me anymore.
I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle it if the big boss rejects me. I don't want to just settle for another job, knowing how much I want this opportunity.
At the back of my mind, I know that things happen for a reason. If I'm not going to get this, I'm sure there's something better out there for me. Have faith, things will work out for the best.
Words of comfort.
I have to keep repeating that. Over and over. Maybe at the end of 12 days, I'll believe it and be ready to accept their decision either yes or no.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home