Monday, October 03, 2005

internet once more!

Finally.

I moved into the area of my predecessor. I feel a little bit sad that I am taking her place, even though her leaving was her own decision (she’s migrating to the US.) I know for a fact that she wouldn’t be leaving the company if it wasn’t for the US opportunity being presented to her by her brother.

A person’s loss is truly another one’s gain.

To be truthful, I prefer my old area, where I have stayed for the past 9 weeks, to where I am situated right now. However, I’m not complaining that I have Internet access here and a desktop with a nineteen-inch screen, compared to the old laptop that I was using for the past couple of weeks.

I’ve honestly learned to see the brighter side of things since I’ve moved to this company.

However, I have a bit of trouble fitting in with all the Type A personalities existing in the group (considering I’m Type A myself.) I never used to make friends in my previous job. I thought friends would happen if they do – I just make sure I do a good job and be recognized for my merits. Nowadays, I’m making an effort in making friends, aside from the fact that I’m trying to do a good job in the things assigned to me (hoping I won’t do anything stupid!)

I guess the effort comes from wanting to stay here longer than I have stayed in my previous jobs, 3 years and 2.5 years, respectively.

Somehow, I want to grow old here.


* * *

The crushie is still around. Except, he’s getting to be annoying as each day passes.

Primarily because I saw him with a chick on the night he was celebrating his post-birthday celebration with his group, which coincided with the night we did the send-off for my predecessor. And the fact that he had to rub that "he was with his girl" the next day.

Or maybe because he thinks I’m his genie to accommodate his every whim/wish.

Or the fact that he "stole" the cd I wanted to listen to earlier this afternoon from my stash (and a couple of others.) Saying he wanted to listen to the song he listened with his girl last Sunday on the beach.

Is he a jerk or simply insensitive?

He does, however, owe me coffee or dinner. I might as well ask for somewhere expensive. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home