officially over
It's officially over.
At least, the fancy I feel for "the guy" at work.
He thinks the the world revolves around him. He feels that women worship the ground he walks on. He imagines that people exist to serve him.
In short, he's overbearing.
Good luck to me, I've been told by an officemate of mine.
I had a meeting with E.L. this afternoon and after helping me out sort some things, I told him I'd spot him a cig as "thank you".
He asked me when I started smoking, I told him the following points in summary:
He pointed out that the last thing I mentioned, the chances of me ever having a boyfriend, had dramatically decreased now that I've joined our company. This is, of course, considering the number of unmarried women in the office (in high places, if I may add!)
I told him, it has dramatically decreased when I got my masters degree. Now, it's consistently diminishing as the years go by.
Oh, gawd. Did I just succumb to the thought of singlehood for life?
Ergo, good luck to me!
I've received two shocking news this week.
The first one involved my closest friend (ever!) texting me that she's likely getting married in October or November 2006. If you've been reading me, you'd know who she is. If not, read this.
Ok, I'm more alone now than I ever was in my entire life. Granted, I'm happy for her. It's just the selfishsingle side of me that isn't.
The second involves a friend scheduled to be married in December, who I'd be a bridesmaid for the nth time, texting me that she called the wedding off due to reasons she wouldn't disclose just yet.
Ok, that sucks (for her ex-husband-to-be.) But my take on it is better now than after the wedding.
If I do the math, that's one less and one more single friends of mine.
The world is once more balanced.
At least, the fancy I feel for "the guy" at work.
He thinks the the world revolves around him. He feels that women worship the ground he walks on. He imagines that people exist to serve him.
In short, he's overbearing.
* * *
Good luck to me, I've been told by an officemate of mine.
I had a meeting with E.L. this afternoon and after helping me out sort some things, I told him I'd spot him a cig as "thank you".
He asked me when I started smoking, I told him the following points in summary:
- I first tasted yosi when I had my senior syndrome in college.
- I've smoked once in a blue moon since then.
- It wasn't until my 2nd job and my break-up with the last ex that I really smoked daily.
- I would quit smoking when I have another boyfriend.
He pointed out that the last thing I mentioned, the chances of me ever having a boyfriend, had dramatically decreased now that I've joined our company. This is, of course, considering the number of unmarried women in the office (in high places, if I may add!)
I told him, it has dramatically decreased when I got my masters degree. Now, it's consistently diminishing as the years go by.
Oh, gawd. Did I just succumb to the thought of singlehood for life?
Ergo, good luck to me!
* * *
I've received two shocking news this week.
The first one involved my closest friend (ever!) texting me that she's likely getting married in October or November 2006. If you've been reading me, you'd know who she is. If not, read this.
Ok, I'm more alone now than I ever was in my entire life. Granted, I'm happy for her. It's just the selfish
The second involves a friend scheduled to be married in December, who I'd be a bridesmaid for the nth time, texting me that she called the wedding off due to reasons she wouldn't disclose just yet.
Ok, that sucks (for her ex-husband-to-be.) But my take on it is better now than after the wedding.
If I do the math, that's one less and one more single friends of mine.
The world is once more balanced.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home