quitting
I said it before, and I'm standing by what I said.
As of 12:01am (or there abouts), 30 October 2005, I had my last ciggy infront of my boyfriend in Starbucks, Megamall.
23 and a half hours later, deep in the night. I am craving for a yosi stick.
Ivan never asked me to quit smoking. I told him I wanted to for the following reasons: (1) he doesn't smoke, (2) his mom doesn't want a girl to smoke, and (3) my parents are asking me to quit. Most importantly, I made a promise that I would quit when I have a boyfriend.
* * *
Now, we're both official in our respective sides of the family. He has met my younger brother and as I expected, they hit it off very well. Now, we're thinking of a best time to let him meet my parents. Originally, we were gunning at my birthday so that everybody will be relaxed. Looks like, it's going to be this weekend. He says he wants to go to mass with me and my family this Saturday.
Last night, his mom asked for my celfone number and texted me, saying she's eager to meet me.
Ok, that's enough to make me crave for another stick.
Gawd, I hope she likes me.
* * *
I've never intentionally introduced my exs to any of my friends before. Except for Ivan.
In a span of three days, he has met my closest friend in the whole world, Cookie, and her boyfriend Brian. He has met my college friend, Anna. He is going to meet the rest of the horde on my birthday and the officemates, well, he met them long before he met me.
I used to compartamentalize my life. Not allowing my friends to overlap with work or with the boyfriend. I have always felt that I wouldn't want my friends at work, nor should my boyfriend be close to my friends.
Now, I just can't wait for him to be an integral part of every aspect in my life.
* * *
I hope my resolve to quit stays with me.
Because he is definitely worth it.
As of 12:01am (or there abouts), 30 October 2005, I had my last ciggy infront of my boyfriend in Starbucks, Megamall.
23 and a half hours later, deep in the night. I am craving for a yosi stick.
Ivan never asked me to quit smoking. I told him I wanted to for the following reasons: (1) he doesn't smoke, (2) his mom doesn't want a girl to smoke, and (3) my parents are asking me to quit. Most importantly, I made a promise that I would quit when I have a boyfriend.
* * *
Now, we're both official in our respective sides of the family. He has met my younger brother and as I expected, they hit it off very well. Now, we're thinking of a best time to let him meet my parents. Originally, we were gunning at my birthday so that everybody will be relaxed. Looks like, it's going to be this weekend. He says he wants to go to mass with me and my family this Saturday.
Last night, his mom asked for my celfone number and texted me, saying she's eager to meet me.
Ok, that's enough to make me crave for another stick.
Gawd, I hope she likes me.
* * *
I've never intentionally introduced my exs to any of my friends before. Except for Ivan.
In a span of three days, he has met my closest friend in the whole world, Cookie, and her boyfriend Brian. He has met my college friend, Anna. He is going to meet the rest of the horde on my birthday and the officemates, well, he met them long before he met me.
I used to compartamentalize my life. Not allowing my friends to overlap with work or with the boyfriend. I have always felt that I wouldn't want my friends at work, nor should my boyfriend be close to my friends.
Now, I just can't wait for him to be an integral part of every aspect in my life.
* * *
I hope my resolve to quit stays with me.
Because he is definitely worth it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home