my good samaritan
It was totally unexpected last night.
I was drunk with two bottles of beer (normally it takes me three or more) and I knew I was going to take the cab home. The minute sane side of me told me I shouldn't go home in that state. (I've been warned by my friends once too often about taking cabbies home when it's late at night) I realized too late that my dear friend, Cookie, has been spiking my drink the whole time. All along I thought I was drinking SanMig Light, but it turns out to be SanMig Light with SanMig Pale.
It came as an accidental text that my good samaritan knew of where I was and the state I'm in. With best intentions, he drove from Eastwood to Ortigas (in less than five minutes!) to bring me home. He picked us up and insisted on bringing Cookie home (even though she lived in the opposite direction!)
Totally unexpected from my good samaritan. I didn't realize it then but somehow, I felt God takes care of me when He knows I won't be able to take care of myself. Hence, He sent me someone I least expected. (Maybe all the drinking is causing me to have religious experiences.)
Only I can't remember if I was able to thank him last night.
To you, my good man, a big thanks! :)
I was drunk with two bottles of beer (normally it takes me three or more) and I knew I was going to take the cab home. The minute sane side of me told me I shouldn't go home in that state. (I've been warned by my friends once too often about taking cabbies home when it's late at night) I realized too late that my dear friend, Cookie, has been spiking my drink the whole time. All along I thought I was drinking SanMig Light, but it turns out to be SanMig Light with SanMig Pale.
It came as an accidental text that my good samaritan knew of where I was and the state I'm in. With best intentions, he drove from Eastwood to Ortigas (in less than five minutes!) to bring me home. He picked us up and insisted on bringing Cookie home (even though she lived in the opposite direction!)
Totally unexpected from my good samaritan. I didn't realize it then but somehow, I felt God takes care of me when He knows I won't be able to take care of myself. Hence, He sent me someone I least expected. (Maybe all the drinking is causing me to have religious experiences.)
Only I can't remember if I was able to thank him last night.
To you, my good man, a big thanks! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home