Thursday, July 08, 2004

sidebar once more

My yearning to drink won last night.

Once more I was in Sidebar, Ortigas with a different crowd. I managed to convince three boytoys male officemates, M, V, and R, to keep me company while I wheat my liquor appetite. (Names withheld for their own "protection"; not that they really need it.)

The music progressed from pop rock to alternative to house music/trance (which indicate that we've been there for quite some time). I thought I was seeing things when I noticed this guy suddenly stood up and started dancing by his table. I was a bit tipsy at this point and I have to admit I literally laughed my head off. Of course my male company laughed with me, especially when M pointed out that the male dancer was a fag and he was really drunk.

Of course, their laughter was subdued when they saw this girl dancing with the gay dancer. At first, she was tentative, maybe even shy, dancing in a place where no one else was dancing outside their company (yes, she was with the gay dancer!) At that point, we proved that he was really fag because she started sexily dancing down but he didn't seem to care. Much more, when she started undressing him, lifting his shirt up for everyone else to have a look at his navel. Oh yeah, and the fact that he preferred dancing with his male companions rather than the sexy girl.

As the night was nearing midnight, I wanted to dance. R was more than willing, M claimed he didn't know how to but you could see him bobbing his head with music, and V wanted half a case beer more before you could get him to move.

It was then that I felt I miss dancing with my girlfriends.

It feels different when you dance sexily with your girlfriends, rather than with a bunch of guys. You're freer to do whatever and simply let go. In my tipsy state, I can't help but put my guards up and be conscious that nobody's touching private parts and the like. I'm not saying that I'm with a bunch of pervs bad guys, but I just didn't want them to get the wrong idea.

After all, I work with them -- I must always remember that I have to see them the next day... and the day after that... and day after that... until we [all] resign. The idea of sacrificing the respect I earned in the office and my self-respect is not worth a night of careless pleasure fun.

That sobered me up big time.

I guess I'll just have to wait for another wild time my girlfriends. Until then, I'll keep to my beer and just drink it, as V aptly puts it, all the way down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home