extrenous physical activities
I was at the gym last night -- really determined to shed off the pounds I gained over the past two months I stopped going there. From 8pm to 9pm, you would see me perspiring my way in treadmill#18. I decided to do a lot of cardio work before hitting the weights that way I burn off unnecessary fats prior to building muscles.
For last night, I have an achievement! I just want to announce that...
I finally conquered the StairMaster.
The said equipment had always been a challenge for me. Somehow, I couldn't stay on that thing longer than 9mins or without getting dizzy (the fainting kind of dizzy). But last night, after spending an hour and three minutes in the treadmill, I stood infront of the StairMaster and gathered enough courage to make the first step.
Twenty minutes later and burning a hundred twenty or so calories, I achieved my goal. It's a small goal but a goal nevertheless.
Contrary to popular belief that Mondays have the most number of people going to the gym, it wasn't as packed as usual. However, I was able to see G1 and G3 from my previous post, Three Men in the Gym. Owen, G1, is still cute and buffed. G3 (who for the love of God I still can't remember his name), on the other hand, was unsure of me as I was of him. We didn't get around to talk but I think we were trying to catch each other's eye as to who would say "hi" first.
Being that suplada (snob) that I am on the gym, you won't see me making the first move. I suppose he has the next few weeks to come up andhit on talk to me again. Maybe tonight. :)
* * *
As I am in the mood to do a lot of physical activities, I decided to join my officemates to their early morning badminton games. Also, unlike the gym, this is a social sport. I get to bond and hangout with people, teammates and opponents alike, who I have to work with in the office.
I am a person who's never excelled in a particular sport but can play most of them. I remember there was a time I played tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, among others. The only sport I really was interested in were billiards and badminton -- to the point that I bought my own fiber glass cue stick and an expensive Carlton badminton racket.
I'm still not good at playing these games but I believe practice is the best way to improve.
* * *
These two activities, fat burning they may be, is hardly a piece of cake. Late nights at the gym, badminton in the early mornings...
No wonder I don't have anything interesting to talk about in this post.
For last night, I have an achievement! I just want to announce that...
I finally conquered the StairMaster.
The said equipment had always been a challenge for me. Somehow, I couldn't stay on that thing longer than 9mins or without getting dizzy (the fainting kind of dizzy). But last night, after spending an hour and three minutes in the treadmill, I stood infront of the StairMaster and gathered enough courage to make the first step.
Twenty minutes later and burning a hundred twenty or so calories, I achieved my goal. It's a small goal but a goal nevertheless.
Contrary to popular belief that Mondays have the most number of people going to the gym, it wasn't as packed as usual. However, I was able to see G1 and G3 from my previous post, Three Men in the Gym. Owen, G1, is still cute and buffed. G3 (who for the love of God I still can't remember his name), on the other hand, was unsure of me as I was of him. We didn't get around to talk but I think we were trying to catch each other's eye as to who would say "hi" first.
Being that suplada (snob) that I am on the gym, you won't see me making the first move. I suppose he has the next few weeks to come up and
As I am in the mood to do a lot of physical activities, I decided to join my officemates to their early morning badminton games. Also, unlike the gym, this is a social sport. I get to bond and hangout with people, teammates and opponents alike, who I have to work with in the office.
I am a person who's never excelled in a particular sport but can play most of them. I remember there was a time I played tennis, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, among others. The only sport I really was interested in were billiards and badminton -- to the point that I bought my own fiber glass cue stick and an expensive Carlton badminton racket.
I'm still not good at playing these games but I believe practice is the best way to improve.
These two activities, fat burning they may be, is hardly a piece of cake. Late nights at the gym, badminton in the early mornings...
No wonder I don't have anything interesting to talk about in this post.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home