small notes
On Texting While Drinking
Yesterday, I had a bad hangover. After spending Tuesday night meeting up with my Ateneo masteral friends, Geo, Lyra, and Eyron, I woke up with a very bad headache. Apparently, drinking less than 4 bottles now causes me to loose sleep, rather than sending me to la-la-la-land. What's worse is that I took a glimpse of the sent items in phone -- I just cringed.
I wish there are celfone repositories on bars where you can leave your phones, rest assured that they wouldn’t get stolen, to prevent things like those that happened to me.
I think the one thing that I don't like about my phone is that it reminds me of what I did the night before. In my Nokia8310, I can feign amnesia the morning after. Now, I can't. I have texts like "Baby, where are you na? Please come to Sidebar. Pretty pretty please. Goodness, I would have died in shame had I texted pretty pretty please with me on top rather than cherry.
The greatest regret about nights like those is that some people misinterpret the messages. Even if it doesn't mean something to me (aside from the fact it's harmless flirting on my part), the recipient mistakes it as ardent love or stalking moves. It's not like I can take it back -- best I can do is apologize and hope they read this post so that they will be enlightened.
It's the beer talking.
* * * * *
Life is Simple not Complicated
Life is really simple and not complicated. We end up complicating things when it shouldn't be anyway. Why do I say this? It seems like we have these sets of rules in going about life that end up causing difficulties, rather than living naturally. People also have a tendency to give color or meaning into things, thus becoming exceptionally sensitive.
I'm guilty of this.
As an example, I have this thing about not getting involved with younger guys. I have preconceived notions about the whole May-December affair. I feel that it's a bad thing to be called a cradle-snatcher or to hang out with someone less mature than I am. Lately, I have beenbombarded blessed with a bunch of younger guys 3 to 4 years my junior to hang out with. They're not a bad crowd really -- just makes me feel terribly old, especially when we're talking about music generation and stuff. Truth be told, they're not as immature as I would think. In fact, they're even more sound and make decent conversation than guys my age or older. I think the new generation is more grounded than I initially thought.
Another instance is when a girlfriend of mine decided to go out with someone I was into, who happened to be into her, last weekend. I felt bad for some time because I believe that girlfriends shouldn't do that to each other. After awhile, I thought screw the thought and let her have her fun. I mean, if I can't have him, it doesn't mean he can't "be have" by someone else. If they end up together and happy, I'll be the first person to cheer for them. Good thing was, it ended up to be a disastrous date. Hehehe :) Evil, I know. I'm sorry! But I would have been happy had they ended up having a great time.
There is this consideration for timing and being considerate about other people's feelings. A friend of mine once said she wouldn't go out with a guy cause of complications in their life. It seems that, for them, getting together is a bad idea because of the circles they were running in or that it was too soon. Or maybe a case of what should or should not be done. In all honesty, who defined the "shoulds" and "should nots" of this world? The people who aren't getting any breaks, I suppose. In reality, for as long as you know that you are not doing anything immoral and you have the same understanding, why don't you just do it? Others affected maybe sensitive about it for a while, but would you sacrifice your own happiness just cause your friend doesn't feel like it (i.e. see the case above)? If they are you're real friends, then they should understand that happiness doesn't come to often to everyone. When it happens, you just have to let it consume you.
Life is simple, not complicated. If things work out, they do. If not, they don't. In the end, what comes around goes around, but don't expect to win the lotto when you're not betting.
* * * * *
Thoughts on Regrets
I have tried to live my life without regrets. I'm not talking about regrets as such in the case of texts, or saying (and writing) things I shouldn't have. It's more what ifs, not doing the things I did, and not recovering from the past mistakes. Such in the case of being raped, getting involved with a married man (didn't know it at that time), or reuined friendships. Things like I should have studied more, partied less, and restrained myself more.
I once said, the first is always the hardest. I forgot to add, it gets easier the next time around. I know that if I regret one instance in my life, I would end up regretting a lot more things because it paves the way for flooded questions as to where I went wrong and what if this and that -- an endless loop of if-then-else.
It then becomes imperative to accept the situation as it is... without regrets. Adjust, adapt, and be flexible enough to make the most out of it. I don't want to realize later on that I spent most of my time dwelling on the what could have been rather than living my life to the fullest. I want to say at the end of my days that I lived my life the way I did and if I were to do it all over again, I would still do the same thing.
Life is a learning experience -- thus, mistakes are part of the lesson. These mistakes should not be regretted because you become a better person in the end. However, if you keep on repeating the mistake, you end up not learning at all. It's pretty much the same as the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Yesterday, I had a bad hangover. After spending Tuesday night meeting up with my Ateneo masteral friends, Geo, Lyra, and Eyron, I woke up with a very bad headache. Apparently, drinking less than 4 bottles now causes me to loose sleep, rather than sending me to la-la-la-land. What's worse is that I took a glimpse of the sent items in phone -- I just cringed.
I wish there are celfone repositories on bars where you can leave your phones, rest assured that they wouldn’t get stolen, to prevent things like those that happened to me.
I think the one thing that I don't like about my phone is that it reminds me of what I did the night before. In my Nokia8310, I can feign amnesia the morning after. Now, I can't. I have texts like "Baby, where are you na? Please come to Sidebar. Pretty pretty please. Goodness, I would have died in shame had I texted pretty pretty please with me on top rather than cherry.
The greatest regret about nights like those is that some people misinterpret the messages. Even if it doesn't mean something to me (aside from the fact it's harmless flirting on my part), the recipient mistakes it as ardent love or stalking moves. It's not like I can take it back -- best I can do is apologize and hope they read this post so that they will be enlightened.
It's the beer talking.
Life is Simple not Complicated
Life is really simple and not complicated. We end up complicating things when it shouldn't be anyway. Why do I say this? It seems like we have these sets of rules in going about life that end up causing difficulties, rather than living naturally. People also have a tendency to give color or meaning into things, thus becoming exceptionally sensitive.
I'm guilty of this.
As an example, I have this thing about not getting involved with younger guys. I have preconceived notions about the whole May-December affair. I feel that it's a bad thing to be called a cradle-snatcher or to hang out with someone less mature than I am. Lately, I have been
Another instance is when a girlfriend of mine decided to go out with someone I was into, who happened to be into her, last weekend. I felt bad for some time because I believe that girlfriends shouldn't do that to each other. After awhile, I thought screw the thought and let her have her fun. I mean, if I can't have him, it doesn't mean he can't "be have" by someone else. If they end up together and happy, I'll be the first person to cheer for them. Good thing was, it ended up to be a disastrous date. Hehehe :) Evil, I know. I'm sorry! But I would have been happy had they ended up having a great time.
There is this consideration for timing and being considerate about other people's feelings. A friend of mine once said she wouldn't go out with a guy cause of complications in their life. It seems that, for them, getting together is a bad idea because of the circles they were running in or that it was too soon. Or maybe a case of what should or should not be done. In all honesty, who defined the "shoulds" and "should nots" of this world? The people who aren't getting any breaks, I suppose. In reality, for as long as you know that you are not doing anything immoral and you have the same understanding, why don't you just do it? Others affected maybe sensitive about it for a while, but would you sacrifice your own happiness just cause your friend doesn't feel like it (i.e. see the case above)? If they are you're real friends, then they should understand that happiness doesn't come to often to everyone. When it happens, you just have to let it consume you.
Life is simple, not complicated. If things work out, they do. If not, they don't. In the end, what comes around goes around, but don't expect to win the lotto when you're not betting.
Thoughts on Regrets
I have tried to live my life without regrets. I'm not talking about regrets as such in the case of texts, or saying (and writing) things I shouldn't have. It's more what ifs, not doing the things I did, and not recovering from the past mistakes. Such in the case of being raped, getting involved with a married man (didn't know it at that time), or reuined friendships. Things like I should have studied more, partied less, and restrained myself more.
I once said, the first is always the hardest. I forgot to add, it gets easier the next time around. I know that if I regret one instance in my life, I would end up regretting a lot more things because it paves the way for flooded questions as to where I went wrong and what if this and that -- an endless loop of if-then-else.
It then becomes imperative to accept the situation as it is... without regrets. Adjust, adapt, and be flexible enough to make the most out of it. I don't want to realize later on that I spent most of my time dwelling on the what could have been rather than living my life to the fullest. I want to say at the end of my days that I lived my life the way I did and if I were to do it all over again, I would still do the same thing.
Life is a learning experience -- thus, mistakes are part of the lesson. These mistakes should not be regretted because you become a better person in the end. However, if you keep on repeating the mistake, you end up not learning at all. It's pretty much the same as the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home