Monday, August 02, 2004

on bouncing back

It was at Eastwood, Libis last Saturday night with Geo that I realize I don't get hurt as easily as I used to.

We spent the whole afternoon at a coffee shop working on his thesis and ogling at two baristas -- Beka for him and Mark for me. We headed to a dessert bar for some after thesis drinks but not before I sent out a note for Mark.

Side note: I met Mark there a couple of months ago and I thought he was boyishly cute. When I saw him last Saturday, it was as if he matured overnight. Probably cause of he got promoted and became manager of the coffeeshop. I told him in the note he should smile more often like he did before and that he's doing a good job. After all, they were pretty nice to us considering that the laptop we were using didn't have batteries and they let us plug in.

Geo pointed out that I was pretty assertive with myself back in the coffee shop. I told him it wasn't any biggie. I knew that there was no emotional involvement on my part for me to get affected. If he rejected my comment and compliment, so be it. If he liked it, then he'd be nice(r) when we go back there next weekend. If he gives it more meaning than that, it's his choice. My point is I thought him cute and that's it.

Once again, no emotional investment on my part, hence I wouldn't likely get hurt. Even if I did, I bounce back immediately or soon after. It was then that I realized that my past hurts and experiences made me stronger. I now have a thicker skin when it comes to getting hurt.

It also made me picky about guys and mentally categorize guys as "flirting" or "flings" or "friends" or "forever" kind of guys. Among all of them, the last two are the only ones with emotions involved, while the first two do not. Flirts and flings neither invoke an in-depth emotion, thus there's no remote possibility of getting hurt. After all, you only get hurt once you're emotions are acting up. For flirts and flings, it is only the senses that are stimulated, not the heart.

Friends, I take seriously. My friends know I stand by their side no matter what and I would fight with them on the battles they undertake. My guy friends know they can count on me when it comes to courting some girl they like, apologizing to the women of their lives, and pimping them -- kidding! :)

The forever kind of guy, well, he's the one I'd want to spend the rest of my life, so it is only right that I take him seriously. I'm not ready for that one yet, so I'll just stick with collecting guy friends.

And while I haven't met the forever kind of guy and busy gaining guy friends, who's stopping me from flirting and flinging. In case they're worth it, I'd be friends with them forever -- pretty much like Geo. He's one friend I'd keep mine forever.



Oh yeah, this is Eastwood at night taken with my baby, O2 XDA II.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home