Sunday, October 10, 2004

nightmare on richwood drive

Early this morning I had a nightmare. It's been a long time since I last had a very bad dream. It's the kind of dream that sends me running from my room to my parents' room and sleeping there for the rest of the night.

At 4:30 am, I woke up with a start. Tried to call up some of my friends who I thought to be awake so that I could shake the feeling off. Only to get more scared when I heard his ringback tone - Gollum's voice saying, "Hello, my precious..."

It was then that I ran to my folk's room and cuddled with my dad. He asked me what was wrong and I told him I had a nightmare. He asked what about and I replied, "Mu-mu (ghost)."

I swear if my dad thought I wasn't scared he would have laughed out loud. My mom woke up around that time and asked what's the matter. My dad replied with a hint of smile in his voice. Since he had to get up anyways, I slid beside my mom and shared her blankie with her. It was only then did the fear subside.

I dreamt of a psycho going after me. A ninety-year old man who was skin and bones wanting to jump me. He was hunting me and when he caught up with me, he bit me in my arms, neck, and everywhere else. There was also a white lady haunting my family in our home (but doesn't look like our house) that we had to transfer houses. I remember driving around with Bodgie in his car. I don't even know where we were going.

What's scarier aside from those two was the fact that I became selfish in the dream. Some relatives were asking for my shoes, clothes, and the like, and I didn't want to give them any.

I can't do anything about the mu-mu, but the being selfish part I know I can do something about. I'm scared that I'd end up like Scrooge when I get older. I never thought myself to be selfish. Maybe sometimes I am but I try not to be when I can help it. I try to be fair and generous to my family, love ones, and friends but sometimes I feel like I'm giving too much that I have to hold something back. Else, I'd go bankrupt! *sigh*

Such a bad feeling to be woken up that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home