Monday, December 06, 2004

a bad case of wrong timing

Last Friday's date didn't push through for reasons he explained later that night.

Apparantly, he got himself a girlfriend, a girl he's dating weeks before he met me, the Sunday before. He didn't feel so good about going out with me since we might end up making out and he didn't want to cheat on his girl. Except, he didn't know how to tell me about it when he asked me out for the date.

He said he thought our relationship will not be going anywhere since I declared I wasn't ready to be in one. Unfortunately, he hadn't counted the fact that I like him.

And that he likes me, too. Else, he said, he wouldn't be kissing me and spending time with me.

I guess I played it to cool the Saturday night he was fishing. He said he wanted to do a lot of stuff with me like take me to Puerto Galera and Pagudpod, aside from our scheduled barkada trip to Boracay in January. He wanted to tour me to Alabang Town Center and Festival Mall since I haven't exactly been there. He wanted to watch movies and go dancing together. He wanted to play basketball, billiards, air hockey, among other things with me.

He's even willing to teach me how to drive.

On my side, I wanted him to meet my friends. To allow them to get to know him and vice versa. A first for me, since I never let my boyfriends/dates meet my friends with the intention of merging the them. I even told my folks about him and was willing to reason out to their objections.

But I kept him guessing and he thought I wasn't interested in having a relationship with him. At least, not the commitment-based that has a future in it. He told me had he known sooner, he wou.dn't have jumped into the relationship with the girl. Since I didn't....

And so she won. The girl he likes weeks before he met me.

But he still wants to be really good friends with me. It was his intention to save the friendship since we can't be together.

To the point that he's willing to be my date in my cousin's wedding next week. And that he's willing to be my driver on a birthday party I have to attend in two weeks time. And that he still wants me to go to Boracay with him them and he won't be taking her along. Kris and the others will be leaving on January 13, but I have a wedding to attend to on January 15. Yes, he'll be taking the flight with me and not them.

She knows about me and accepts his honesty regarding our friendship. He said she said she doesn't mind us going out. But I think it's cause she knows we usually do group dates and I don't think he was that honest to tell her he kissed me.

In short...

I like him.

He likes me.

We're confused.

But we can't be.

Because he's with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home