freaking hang over
Last night, my balikbayan cousin, cousin-in-law, and I met up with their respective friends for some major hanging out. We went beer and food binging in three different places from Megamall to Timog.
We ended up in a comedy club in Timog where my stomach ached from all the green jokes the badings were throwing to the crowd. In our table of eight, one of us was "luckily" chosen to come up the stage and sing. For the sake of this post, let's call him Mark. Of course, before Mark could actually sing, he was initiated with the usual pang-aalaska of the hosts from his shirt to his hips (his is bigger than mine, I think.) At least he wasn't pikon and just laughed the jokes being said about him.
Upon the requests of another friend, he sang "The Reason" by Hoobastank and "Rainbow" of South Border. In fairness, he had a nice voice.
Around midnight, my cousin and the rest wanted to go home already. But Mark and I were in the middle of a serious discussion (a.k.a. his love life). I don't exactly remember what happened but I ended up not hitching with my cousin and him ditching his friend who rode with him.
We spent a couple of hours talking at a Starbucks near there. His treat. (Me thinks it's "payment" for psychological consultation with yours truly.) It was the first time we were out alone despite the fact that we've had private discussions within the group in the two gimiks we had.
In the midst of us drinking our white chocolate mocca, I took the chance to get a really good look at him. Two things: I like his eyes and lips.
Truth be told, I wanted him to kiss me. I would have given anything to feel that. I guess the romantic in me started imagining us looking intently at each other's eyes, he lowers his head, until he softly touches my lips with his. The rest I leave to your imagination...
But then we're in public and I'm not the kind of girl who makes the first move. (Snap out of it, Cecil!) So I ended up in my side of the table and him on his. Kinda reminded me of certain scenes on the show Blind Date and their snide cartoons.
He brought me home around 3am and did a first for me... He got out of his car and walked me to the gate. Not one of my dates and ex-boyfriends ever did that unless they were coming in. I texted him my thanks (not remembering if I actually thanked him for the coffee and the ride) and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I woke up this morning with a text message from him:
We ended up in a comedy club in Timog where my stomach ached from all the green jokes the badings were throwing to the crowd. In our table of eight, one of us was "luckily" chosen to come up the stage and sing. For the sake of this post, let's call him Mark. Of course, before Mark could actually sing, he was initiated with the usual pang-aalaska of the hosts from his shirt to his hips (his is bigger than mine, I think.) At least he wasn't pikon and just laughed the jokes being said about him.
Upon the requests of another friend, he sang "The Reason" by Hoobastank and "Rainbow" of South Border. In fairness, he had a nice voice.
Around midnight, my cousin and the rest wanted to go home already. But Mark and I were in the middle of a serious discussion (a.k.a. his love life). I don't exactly remember what happened but I ended up not hitching with my cousin and him ditching his friend who rode with him.
We spent a couple of hours talking at a Starbucks near there. His treat. (Me thinks it's "payment" for psychological consultation with yours truly.) It was the first time we were out alone despite the fact that we've had private discussions within the group in the two gimiks we had.
In the midst of us drinking our white chocolate mocca, I took the chance to get a really good look at him. Two things: I like his eyes and lips.
Truth be told, I wanted him to kiss me. I would have given anything to feel that. I guess the romantic in me started imagining us looking intently at each other's eyes, he lowers his head, until he softly touches my lips with his. The rest I leave to your imagination...
But then we're in public and I'm not the kind of girl who makes the first move. (Snap out of it, Cecil!) So I ended up in my side of the table and him on his. Kinda reminded me of certain scenes on the show Blind Date and their snide cartoons.
He brought me home around 3am and did a first for me... He got out of his car and walked me to the gate. Not one of my dates and ex-boyfriends ever did that unless they were coming in. I texted him my thanks (not remembering if I actually thanked him for the coffee and the ride) and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I woke up this morning with a text message from him:
Thanks din. I had a great time. Sorry though If I was still caught up in my present situation. [Regarding a bet we made before he brought me home] It's no big deal really. Its for you to find out na lang. HeheNow I'm suffering from lack of sleep, a very bad hang over, and looking forward to the next time we see each other [which is on Friday].

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home