blurred
I have been wearing glasses since I was in forth grade. (Yes, I am a nerd and looked like one, too, in my younger days!) Although, this is genetic, my mom blames my love for reading as the main source for my deteriorating eye sight.
Lately, I've been experiencing really bad headaches when I'm using my specs. Things are not as clear as they are supposed to be. In fact, it's blurred. I have a trouble using my computer, which I'm using for at least eight hours a day. When I get home, watching tv is as bad. Now, I have to read without my specs so that I can be at ease.
I actually wear contact lens. Been doing so since I was in third year highschool. It's because of this that I developed Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC), an allergy in the eye lids that causes contact lens intolerance, itching, among other things. Last year, I was told by the optometrist to consult an opthalmologist for my problem.
And I did. After meeting my very cute eye doctor, Dr. Leo, and him prescribing me to get off my extended lenses, treat myself, and shift to two-weeks disposable, I was ok. So I normally wear contacts when I'm gimicking (for aesthetic purposes) but I stick with my glasses at work (makes me look more professional) and for most part of the day since I can't wear contacts for more than 10 hours.
But now it's nagging me. I'm using contacts for more than 10 hours due to work and gimiks because my glasses are giving me a hard time. I was advised by the optometrist to get myself refracted by an opthalmologist. That means, I have to go all the way to Makati and see my cute eye doctor again. It's good if only it wasn't a hassle. His clinic hours are during office hours (which means I have to take a leave) and I have to not use my contacts for 48hours straight before having my check-up.
48 hours. That is the most difficult thing.
Point of this post: Sometimes, even though I know what needs to be done, I can't bring myself to comply because of the discomfort I'd be feeling in attempting to attain my goal. *sigh*
I promise to go to my eye doctor as soon as I get two days straight off contacts. Pray that I don't have gimik on the long weekend. (But I doubt it, considering it's my lola's 82th birthday and we'll be having a grand celebration. I can't afford to experience headaches using my glasses.)
Lately, I've been experiencing really bad headaches when I'm using my specs. Things are not as clear as they are supposed to be. In fact, it's blurred. I have a trouble using my computer, which I'm using for at least eight hours a day. When I get home, watching tv is as bad. Now, I have to read without my specs so that I can be at ease.
I actually wear contact lens. Been doing so since I was in third year highschool. It's because of this that I developed Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC), an allergy in the eye lids that causes contact lens intolerance, itching, among other things. Last year, I was told by the optometrist to consult an opthalmologist for my problem.
And I did. After meeting my very cute eye doctor, Dr. Leo, and him prescribing me to get off my extended lenses, treat myself, and shift to two-weeks disposable, I was ok. So I normally wear contacts when I'm gimicking (for aesthetic purposes) but I stick with my glasses at work (makes me look more professional) and for most part of the day since I can't wear contacts for more than 10 hours.
But now it's nagging me. I'm using contacts for more than 10 hours due to work and gimiks because my glasses are giving me a hard time. I was advised by the optometrist to get myself refracted by an opthalmologist. That means, I have to go all the way to Makati and see my cute eye doctor again. It's good if only it wasn't a hassle. His clinic hours are during office hours (which means I have to take a leave) and I have to not use my contacts for 48hours straight before having my check-up.
48 hours. That is the most difficult thing.
Point of this post: Sometimes, even though I know what needs to be done, I can't bring myself to comply because of the discomfort I'd be feeling in attempting to attain my goal. *sigh*
I promise to go to my eye doctor as soon as I get two days straight off contacts. Pray that I don't have gimik on the long weekend. (But I doubt it, considering it's my lola's 82th birthday and we'll be having a grand celebration. I can't afford to experience headaches using my glasses.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home