confuscious
Friday, July 1, 2005, is officially my last day at work. Technically, my resignation is effective on July 2, but since it's a Saturday and a holiday in Pasig, there's no work.By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. --Confucius
As the day draws nearer, the more confused I get. People are still giving me assignments that will extend beyond my resignation date. I know it's a way of making me stay. After all, they know that I don't have a job yet waiting for me. I have options but not one of them are as concrete as the one I am resigning from.
Should I stay or should I go?
Part of me wants to go because I don't want to work for a particular person.Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. --Confucius
Part of me wants to do the two projects recently assigned to me.
Part of me doesn't want to stay, knowing that I am afloat, career-wise, in the organization and there's no paved path for me. There's a pot of gold but no rainbow that would lead me to it.
Part of me doesn't want to let the company down by leaving when I'm being asked to stay.
Part of me lost the drive to go to work in the last couple of months.
Last week, the desire to work is slowly reviving.
Donald Trump recently mentioned in The Apprentice, passion fuels the energy to make things happen.Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. --Confucius
I truly believe that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home