Monday, September 20, 2004

thank god for caller id

Last night, I was vegitating. With a cig in one hand and the remote control on the other, I channel-hopped trying to find a show I haven't seen yet. I heard my mom call me from her room and hastily dissed the cig.

My mom said that P was on the phone. I thought it was P, a neighbor who called my celfone a couple of hours back. It ended up being the P of my disastrous first date a week ago.

P started of asking if I was busy and I said I was watching TV. He then moved on to saying, "I can't stop thinking about you... My thoughts are filled with our first date... I've been telling my friends about the great time we had and what we did... I've been telling all my friends about you... I'm not used to not getting to what I want and I want you..."

Oh God, he made my skin crawl!

While he was doing his monologue, I was making a gagging face to my mom. She silently questioned who it was. I whispered it was the bouncer from hell. (I told my mom about my disastrous date.)

In my disbelief, I saw my mom get her celfone and started dialing our landline. As I heard the call waiting tone, I told P that I had to take the call and will call him back.

As I put the phone down, I grinned with my mom as if we were sharing a big secret. Gawd, she rocked! I couldn't believe my mom would do something like that. Some fifteen minutes later, the phone rang again. My mom walks up to my room and tells me it's him. It said so in the caller id. She asks what she is supposed to say when she answers the phone. We ended up not answering the phone.

From then on, she screens the caller id first before answering the phone. The phone rang a couple of more times that night. We ended up laughing out loud when my brother asked why we weren't picking up.

Told you my mom rocks! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home