engagement gift
I learned the hard way that giving my boyfriend perfume or clothes (except maybe for basketball shoes) will not exactly merit a certain heartfelt response of thanks. Not that he's not grateful... Let's just say he isn't into it.
Knowing full well his love for electronics, I gave him a cd/mp3 player (which he never had) for our anniversary last year (albeit it was a couple of months early.)
For months now, I've been planning to give him an engagement/wedding gift. I've been trying to look for the best buy here (preferably in installment) for the latest version of a PlayStation Portable (PSP).
Last week, I found out that his boss is going to Singapore and I knew that it would be cheaper there. I managed to communicate my request to him, unbeknown to Ivan, asking him if ever he would find one, can he buy it for me (or him, from whichever perspective)?
It took his boss 3 hours scouting the malls in Lucky Plaza and four phone calls to me to buy what my baby calls as his new "baby". In between the calls, I had to tell Ivan to ask for his input. I didn't realize then that this thing had so many versions.
Yesterday, the wait was finally over for me (and him). When I handed him the precious cargo, words cannot express what he felt when he looked at me and gave me a hug. In truth, he was a little bit shy when he was looking at his brand new PSP and me. He was like a little boy, who shyly asked for a toy on Christmas and actually got one.
I love my baby. He's so cute!

Knowing full well his love for electronics, I gave him a cd/mp3 player (which he never had) for our anniversary last year (albeit it was a couple of months early.)
For months now, I've been planning to give him an engagement/wedding gift. I've been trying to look for the best buy here (preferably in installment) for the latest version of a PlayStation Portable (PSP).
Last week, I found out that his boss is going to Singapore and I knew that it would be cheaper there. I managed to communicate my request to him, unbeknown to Ivan, asking him if ever he would find one, can he buy it for me (or him, from whichever perspective)?
It took his boss 3 hours scouting the malls in Lucky Plaza and four phone calls to me to buy what my baby calls as his new "baby". In between the calls, I had to tell Ivan to ask for his input. I didn't realize then that this thing had so many versions.
Yesterday, the wait was finally over for me (and him). When I handed him the precious cargo, words cannot express what he felt when he looked at me and gave me a hug. In truth, he was a little bit shy when he was looking at his brand new PSP and me. He was like a little boy, who shyly asked for a toy on Christmas and actually got one.
I love my baby. He's so cute!


1 Comments:
Yeah, well not too many guys are into clothes or such. Except when they're dating and the only purpose is to pick up women. hahah.
good job on the PSP....
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home