paris, france
We are at our hotel here in Paris, with free wi-fi, loving the cool weather and basking in the arts. We had toured Paris yesterday (Champs Elysees, Trocadero, Eiffel Tour, and Notre Dame) and plan to visit the museums today because it's free.
*Note* When traveling to Paris, always remember that the first Sunday of the month means free entrance.
My husband officially hates me for not going up the Eiffel Tour. I told him it's ok for him to do so, but for me, the idea is already killing me. A.k.a. Altophobia. However, due to the long lines, he got disheartened and chose to stay on the bus instead.
We met up with a friend from high school, Mayday, with her hubby and kid. Mayday is 8 months along the way and could have her baby anytime. With this thought, I thought her water would break anytime during the Fondue dinner we had.
*Note* The concept of Fondue here is so much different from the Philippines. We, Filipinos, use chocolate and we have fruits that we dip in chocolate. Here, it's bread, dipped in cheese, and eaten with ham or potatoes. Hey, when you're in France, do what the Frenchmen do.
What I like most about Paris is their historic monuments and history. We didn't get to see the original Statue of Liberty and we have yet to see the museums. But those that we have seen has some pretty cool ornate carvings and it was perfect.
However, given the places I visited in Europe, I'd still choose Germany or Switzerland to settle in. Then again, I go where my husband goes.
*Note* When traveling to Paris, always remember that the first Sunday of the month means free entrance.
My husband officially hates me for not going up the Eiffel Tour. I told him it's ok for him to do so, but for me, the idea is already killing me. A.k.a. Altophobia. However, due to the long lines, he got disheartened and chose to stay on the bus instead.
We met up with a friend from high school, Mayday, with her hubby and kid. Mayday is 8 months along the way and could have her baby anytime. With this thought, I thought her water would break anytime during the Fondue dinner we had.
*Note* The concept of Fondue here is so much different from the Philippines. We, Filipinos, use chocolate and we have fruits that we dip in chocolate. Here, it's bread, dipped in cheese, and eaten with ham or potatoes. Hey, when you're in France, do what the Frenchmen do.
What I like most about Paris is their historic monuments and history. We didn't get to see the original Statue of Liberty and we have yet to see the museums. But those that we have seen has some pretty cool ornate carvings and it was perfect.
However, given the places I visited in Europe, I'd still choose Germany or Switzerland to settle in. Then again, I go where my husband goes.

2 Comments:
actually, fondue really has variants... mas mahilig lang ang pinoy sa chocolate fondue. but we do have cheese fondue here also.
buti pa kayo, spring nag-paris. kami summer. kainit!
Post a Comment
<< Home