the guy at gerry's part 2
A month later...
Last night, my ex-officemates (same bunch I was with in the Linkin Park concert) headed to Eastwood, Libis for some head-banging partying at Fete de la Musique. Every year, Wesley and Francis, with our other ex-officemates, head to wherever Fete was to listen to music varying from rock, jazz, lounge, alternative, blues, among others. Local bands, approximately 115 in total, were to play for about 20 minutes per session for 12hours of music festivities with 10 bands playing at 10 concert venues at a time.
Before the concert, I met up with Wes to have dinner at Gerry's Libis. (Yes, I had an ulterior motive when I suggested the place.) While waiting for him, I saw the guy in blue (GB). We looked at each other but no acknowledgement whatsoever. Wes arrived and invited Francis to join us for dinner. And so we did. Later on, Mark and Richard followed us to have dinner there, as well.
With four guys surrounding me, there’s no way GB and I could talk like we did before. Two more friends, James and Rocel, arrived to join us. After awhile, we all headed to the Fete celebration. I knew then he didn't remember me. I knew also that I blew it.
We spent two hours in the rock arena (open parking area) where Monggols where playing. It was a riot considering that people from all walks of life where there. There were mosh pits in the middle and bodies in the air. I went around with Rocel and met up with some of my friends. (Oh yeah, and met up with Bamboo face-to-face! I swear, Rocel should have gotten his picture. We were so up close and he was alone. Really friendly guy. Really cute, too!) Then as 6 Cycle Mind were playing, it started to rain. Heavily.
One good thing that the rain brought about was the stinky smell of sweat were carried away by the strong rain and wind. Rocel and I headed made a run to the walk-way for cover and tried to inch our way back to where the guys where sheltered. Finally making it there, wet clothes, shoes, and all, we were able to catch this bunch of guys dancing in the rain. One of them started undressing and the crowd cheered him on. I caught a glimpse of him in his undies and was out of my view by the time he took the last piece off. People started laughing when one of the security personnel chased the nude dude.
After that, the rain let up and people started going to the covered areas. When we learned that they were canceling the rest of the concert for the rock stage due to very wet equipment. We talked about where to go next since it was still early. Eventually, we headed back to Gerry's since Wesley was parked there and the traffic going out of Eastwood made it impossible for us to choose a different location.
So off we went to Gerry's. Mostly, the conversations were techie stuff and guy talks. All throughout I was mindful of GB. Some two hours later, we settled the bill. I asked Rocel to go out with me as I have a fag. I knew that I had to talk to GB, else I would regret it. I never made the first move before, so I wasn't sure how I could get him to go outside and talk to me. I took a deep breath andwith little courage asked the guard standing by the door to ask GB if he could come out to have a smoke.
I wish this part would be as entertaining as my the guy at gerry's post. However, it isn't.
Suffice to say, he vaguely remembered me physically but he remembered our conversation. He did reassure me that I look familiar and recalled bits and pieces of what we talked about. Conversation was really bad, considering he was tired (he said so) and the amount of beer I drank. Seeing him up close made me see that he is asyummy cute as before. I don't know if it's his eyes or facial structure, but his smile is certainly something.
This time I left Gerry's knowing his name and him knowing mine. I honestly wanted to get his number, only the boys with me told me "no". (Oh yeah, one of them said yes, but he was still outvoted 2-1.) I am generally assertive in life, but with guys I'm interested in, I'm chicken shit. Knowing that GB's the first guy I really want to date after my break-up, rejection wouldn't be taken in kindly nor with grace.
I know I'll go back to Gerry's -- maybe in a month or two. As a friend advised, I won't be bringing any guy friends with me. Ihope wish think he would remember me and my name. But I sincerely hope he'll ask for my number by then cause I really don't think I can ask for his.
Last night, my ex-officemates (same bunch I was with in the Linkin Park concert) headed to Eastwood, Libis for some head-banging partying at Fete de la Musique. Every year, Wesley and Francis, with our other ex-officemates, head to wherever Fete was to listen to music varying from rock, jazz, lounge, alternative, blues, among others. Local bands, approximately 115 in total, were to play for about 20 minutes per session for 12hours of music festivities with 10 bands playing at 10 concert venues at a time.
Before the concert, I met up with Wes to have dinner at Gerry's Libis. (Yes, I had an ulterior motive when I suggested the place.) While waiting for him, I saw the guy in blue (GB). We looked at each other but no acknowledgement whatsoever. Wes arrived and invited Francis to join us for dinner. And so we did. Later on, Mark and Richard followed us to have dinner there, as well.
With four guys surrounding me, there’s no way GB and I could talk like we did before. Two more friends, James and Rocel, arrived to join us. After awhile, we all headed to the Fete celebration. I knew then he didn't remember me. I knew also that I blew it.
We spent two hours in the rock arena (open parking area) where Monggols where playing. It was a riot considering that people from all walks of life where there. There were mosh pits in the middle and bodies in the air. I went around with Rocel and met up with some of my friends. (Oh yeah, and met up with Bamboo face-to-face! I swear, Rocel should have gotten his picture. We were so up close and he was alone. Really friendly guy. Really cute, too!) Then as 6 Cycle Mind were playing, it started to rain. Heavily.
One good thing that the rain brought about was the stinky smell of sweat were carried away by the strong rain and wind. Rocel and I headed made a run to the walk-way for cover and tried to inch our way back to where the guys where sheltered. Finally making it there, wet clothes, shoes, and all, we were able to catch this bunch of guys dancing in the rain. One of them started undressing and the crowd cheered him on. I caught a glimpse of him in his undies and was out of my view by the time he took the last piece off. People started laughing when one of the security personnel chased the nude dude.
After that, the rain let up and people started going to the covered areas. When we learned that they were canceling the rest of the concert for the rock stage due to very wet equipment. We talked about where to go next since it was still early. Eventually, we headed back to Gerry's since Wesley was parked there and the traffic going out of Eastwood made it impossible for us to choose a different location.
So off we went to Gerry's. Mostly, the conversations were techie stuff and guy talks. All throughout I was mindful of GB. Some two hours later, we settled the bill. I asked Rocel to go out with me as I have a fag. I knew that I had to talk to GB, else I would regret it. I never made the first move before, so I wasn't sure how I could get him to go outside and talk to me. I took a deep breath and
I wish this part would be as entertaining as my the guy at gerry's post. However, it isn't.
Suffice to say, he vaguely remembered me physically but he remembered our conversation. He did reassure me that I look familiar and recalled bits and pieces of what we talked about. Conversation was really bad, considering he was tired (he said so) and the amount of beer I drank. Seeing him up close made me see that he is as
This time I left Gerry's knowing his name and him knowing mine. I honestly wanted to get his number, only the boys with me told me "no". (Oh yeah, one of them said yes, but he was still outvoted 2-1.) I am generally assertive in life, but with guys I'm interested in, I'm chicken shit. Knowing that GB's the first guy I really want to date after my break-up, rejection wouldn't be taken in kindly nor with grace.
I know I'll go back to Gerry's -- maybe in a month or two. As a friend advised, I won't be bringing any guy friends with me. I

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home