lp: a reflection of their songs

i cannot take this anymore
i'm saying everything i've said before
all these words they make no sense
i find bliss in ignorance
less i hear the less you'll say
but you'll find that out anyway
just like before...
-- one step closer, hybrid theory
Last night, I watched Linkin Park in CCP, Manila. I've loved them since Hybrid Theory. It was at that time that I felt they were able to express my emotions and thoughts in their songs. Mostly, these were about my angst at work and bosses, ex-boyfriends, and generally the world.
maybe someday i'll be just like you/and
step on people like you do and
run away the people i thought i knew
i remember back then who you were
you used to be calm/used to be strong
used to be generous/but you should've known
that you'd
wear our your welcome/now you see
how quiet it is/all alone/ i'm so
sick of the tension/sick of the hunger
sick of you acting like i owe you this
find another place/to feed your greed --
while/i find a place to rest
-- a place for my head, hybrid theory
When I'm fuming mad, I listen to LP. They soothe me in a way no other music can. They provide me comfort in their shouting words and heavy music. Partly, the way they sing their songs indicate so much emotion as if they are empathazing with you. I have learned in the years that I've been listening to LP, their songs are the epitome of my angst.
i can't feel
the way i did before
don't turn your back on me
i won't be ignored
time won't heal
this damage anymore
don't turn your back on me
i won't be ignored
-- faint, meteora
Almost always after listening to them, I feel so much better. It's as if I was able to let everything out to someone who understood. I'm once again ok. Until the next time, that is.
i don't know what's worth fighting for
or why i have to scream
i don't know why i instigate
and say what i don't mean
i don't know how i got this way
i know it's not alright
so i'm breaking the habit
tonight
-- breaking the habit, meteora

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home