outside the box
A couple of weeks ago, I met up with Rommel, a former officemate of mine, in Segafredo with Karen and Marlon. We updated each other on what's the latest. I told him nothing much in the office and that I've been going to the gym and would be wall climbing soon.
His reaction was not what I had expected. It pretty much sounded like, "What??? You're not that kind of girl. You belong to Powerbooks (a local bookstore)!"
I hate that. I have to be honest -- I couldn't believe someone would react that way. Up until now, I'm not sure if it's a compliment or an insult.
I refuse to be put in box. I refuse to be labeled. I refuse to be limited to what people think of me or expect of me. I don't mean to be contradictory for the sake of contradicting but I am myself, in my own right, want, and need. I conform if I agree with the principle or idea, but I oppose when it's not in my line of thinking.
I'm a girl, yes, but I'm no maiden in distress. I'm strong, capable, and can take care of myself. Yes, I'd want to be taken care of by a man but I won't rely on him for my existence and survival.
I like billiards, wrestling, basketball, and can ride any guy jokes [toilet humor] thrown at me, but I'm also a sucker for romantic flicks, novels, accumulating sentimental junk, and girly chit chats.
I like Linkin Park, Blackeyed Peas, Matchbox20, Vertical Horizon, Maksim, but I also like Josh Groban, Kevin Kern and oldies like Louise Armstrong, Andy Williams, and Ella Fitzgerald. I especially love John Mayer!
I'm not conservative nor am I liberal. I'm no conformist but I'm not a rebel, as well. I'm no angel but I'm not a bitch. It may sound like I'm somewhere in between but I definitely know who I am.
His reaction was not what I had expected. It pretty much sounded like, "What??? You're not that kind of girl. You belong to Powerbooks (a local bookstore)!"
I hate that. I have to be honest -- I couldn't believe someone would react that way. Up until now, I'm not sure if it's a compliment or an insult.
I refuse to be put in box. I refuse to be labeled. I refuse to be limited to what people think of me or expect of me. I don't mean to be contradictory for the sake of contradicting but I am myself, in my own right, want, and need. I conform if I agree with the principle or idea, but I oppose when it's not in my line of thinking.
I'm a girl, yes, but I'm no maiden in distress. I'm strong, capable, and can take care of myself. Yes, I'd want to be taken care of by a man but I won't rely on him for my existence and survival.
I like billiards, wrestling, basketball, and can ride any guy jokes [toilet humor] thrown at me, but I'm also a sucker for romantic flicks, novels, accumulating sentimental junk, and girly chit chats.
I like Linkin Park, Blackeyed Peas, Matchbox20, Vertical Horizon, Maksim, but I also like Josh Groban, Kevin Kern and oldies like Louise Armstrong, Andy Williams, and Ella Fitzgerald. I especially love John Mayer!
I'm not conservative nor am I liberal. I'm no conformist but I'm not a rebel, as well. I'm no angel but I'm not a bitch. It may sound like I'm somewhere in between but I definitely know who I am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home