Monday, June 14, 2004

reminiscing on vfest; looking forward to lp


Just one more day to go.
I'm watching Linkin Park at CCP.
I can't wait for tomorrow night.
I hope it doesn't rain.


I'm anticipating tomorrow, I know. To the point that I'm thinking I might jinx it and have a very bad time tomorrow. But what the heck, the last time I watched a concert was ages ago. But it was one hell of a concert.

August 16 - 17 2003, United Kingdom. V Festival in Weston Park, Staffordshire.

It was a camping weekend with my newly met English mates. The bands playing at the VStage were Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Morcheeba, David Gray, among others. (Check this link.) I remember dancing to the Freestylers in the Strongbow Arena, hanging-out outside the Bacardi Tent, and seeing all kinds of people, listening to different music.


I had such a great time putting up tents, not taking a bath for days, taking a crap on stinky portable rest rooms, and not having a proper breakfast, rather drinking diesel for a morning meal. Diesel was made of lager, black currant, and cider. Not that I drank much of that stuff anyway, I was a vodka lemondade girl. But it was in that trip I got introduced to the world of beer.


I also remember that Staffordshire was about 5hours away from Newcastle. We left the day after the concert ended around 9am and my flight back to Manila was around 3:50pm. I remember rushing to the airport, not bothering to take a shower, repacking my bags to fit my stinky clothes, and almost losing my passport and ticket. But I made it. Barely.

I regretted some things in that trip but I'm happy I got the chance to experience VFestival. The line-up was better last year compared to this year. Not that I'd be going to UK anytime soon.

For me, it's Linkin Park Time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home