Friday, August 13, 2004

vanity is my favorite sin

Yesterday, I went to my derma after not going there for a couple of months. And she punished me for it. I stopped using the pill three months back and pimples suddenly appeared everywhere though they're not clearly visible. I had facial, peeling, removal of them thingies, and injection afterwards.

More than an hour of treatment and what feels like a hundred injections or so, my face is as red as a ripe tomato. I have itsy-bitsy scars all over my face.

Vanity comes with a price... and pain.

* * *

I did what I wrote in this blog last night.

After feeling guilty of eating rice and not going to the gym cause I went to my derma instead, I put on DJ Paulo's CD and turned on the volume. I closed the lights and looked at my glow-in-the-dark stars and moon pasted in my wall. I used that as light to find the glow sticks in my cabinet. I cracked a couple and then there was light.

It's been such a long time since I last partied. Really partied with glow sticks and all. *sigh* I miss that.

I pushed the thought away and started dancing. Crazily. By myself.

With a cigarette in one hand and glow sticks on the other, I swayed my hips and moved my feet to the beat. In the privacy of my room, I danced like nobody's watching. Although I have to admit, I was scared to dance in front of the mirror with the lights out and just glow sticks. I'm not ready to die of fright yet.

It was then that I realized, more than anything else, I miss dancing with a guy. Especially, when I figured out when I last... well, you know. It was then that I stopped for a while and texted my friends what I was doing.

Geo said it was SWS, Sidebar Withdrawal Syndrome. Considering today is Friday and I'm not going to Sidebar, he maybe right.

I went back to dancing. But stopped shortly after. I missed my Sidebar dancing friends and every single person I've ever danced with. It dawned to me, no matter how good the music is, when there's no one to dance with, it just isn't the same. I felt good for a time, then I realize something's missing, and then it's not as fun as it was.

In the darkness of my room, I realized that life is not as wonderful if there's no one to dance with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home