Wednesday, September 22, 2004

a bloggers' date

I have a new friend.

Last night, I met with a fellow blogger, Bunny, at Starbucks, Emerald. I was at the meeting place a little earlier than she.

Me (text): How do I know it's you?

Bunny (text): Wearing jeans and a lavander tank top. :) I'm in Emerald na. I have to tell you now, I look harassed ha. Hehe :)

Me (text): Haha :) It's not like you're going out on a date date. :)

She suddenly popped in and said, "It's not like it's a date date ha."

And there started our first date.

We never realized that we were both riding in the same boat until that night. Kindered spirits among the gazillions of people in the planet. We graduated from college at the same year. We're both smokers (and prefer to date smokers). We both had bad relationship experiences, as well as, similarities in the experiences (i.e. both our exes told us we're fat and how some guys help us boost our confidence.) We both even like the same barista, Mark, at the Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf in Eastwood.

In the middle of the conversation, I lamented to her how come my ex-boyfriends become so much better boyfriends with the girlfriends after me. She helped me coin a name for ex-girlfriends-who-made-their-ex-boyfriends-better-boyfriends-for-their-new-girlfriends. She calls me, and women like me, guinea girlfriends. That brought us laughing. The rest of the night passed by sharing experiences and some more laughs. She's like me, in a way. Easy to get along with and easy to invite out -- in other words, kaladkarin. :)

Now we have a new mission. To bring bloggers like us, initially, of course, together for coffee and talk. Until we can get all bloggers in the area to join. After which, maybe we could push through with the book she mentioned in her blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home