Wednesday, September 08, 2004

on second thought

First of all, I want to greet Gilbey, Jer, and Karen a belated happy birthday. I didn't post it here last Monday and Tuesday because we had surprises brewing. Gilbey's husband prepared a surprise intimate dinner for her, inviting us, her friends, to their house. It was soooo nice cause even the guests got flowers and balloons.

Karen, on the other hand, I met last night in Segafredo, Greenbelt2. I called her up and told her I was in major shit. Of course, I pretended that I needed to talk to her and deliberately didn't greet her. It was supposed to be a surprise dinner for her, but Froi let the cat out of the bag at the last minute. I did manage to surprise her with a Ferrero Rocher boquet with a note:

I wanted to give you flowers on your birthday but I thought you'd prefer chocolates. So I compromised... :)
* * *

My drinking hiatus is over. After one month and losing only 9lbs, I am back to partying. Sunday, it was 3 bottles of San Mig Light (brought about by a major fight with Mr. Bear). Monday, it was sparkling wine, white wine, and Bailey's to celebrate Gilbey's birthday. (Yes, I did really get tipsy. Thanks, Anna, for bringing me home.) Tuesday, it was a glass of cosmopolitan and long island ice tea. (I'm staying away from beer for now.)

Tonight, I'm resting my liver, cause I know tomorrow's a big day. I'm meeting Cookie. I'm talking about the woman who can drown 12 shots of tequila without getting drunk.

* * *

Last night's conversation got me thinking. Amidst three bloggers and a non-blogger, but who reads blogs, we came up with the why we were blogging. In all honesty, the reasons why I initially blogged was to release my pent-up emotions from the last relationship. Now that I'm completely over it, what's next?

There are things that I want to write in my blog but I feel that I can't because there are other people involve. Somehow, to protect the privacy of my friends and love ones, I have to filter what I write. Or maybe forget about writing it at all. In my workplace, since a lot has been reading, I can't just spit out my concerns.

With my own life, I have not been completely honest in my blog. I know now the reason why I feel so "blah" and it wouldn't really come out nice and sweet. Unless my general readers are adults in more than just their ages. I do not wish to be judge by what I write here and be categorized as a personality type. But it's the risk of sharing one's self in the world wide web.

Sometimes, I'm thinking I should just delete the whole blog and start all over again. Maybe an accidental delete as what happened to one of the bloggers I know. Or create a different one that would not be made available in public. But I made so many friends through the network of readers.

A part of me is thinking this will be my last post. Only, now that I've started writing again, I don't exactly want to stop.

*sigh*

Still thinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home