Sunday, September 05, 2004

celebratory weekend

I had a very tiring weekend. I had gotten together with the most number of people this weekend than any other weekends in my life.

(Pictures will be posted as soon as I have them.)

Firt stop: Friday Night, Xten's Despidida at Max Restaurant and The Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf Company

My cousin, Xten, was leaving for the U.S. to study her masters in the sunny state of California. She'll be gone for approximately two years. We met up for a couple of times dining out and having coffee whenever she could squeeze me in her series of goodbye-for-now-gimiks.

Last Friday night, our side of the family got together for a farewell dinner. Only 7 out of the 8 cousins left in the Philippines were present. (There are only 11 of us.) My cousins, in this side of the family, are camera addicts. Hence, the cousins had our picture taken by the designated photographer, Ed, Xten's (really sad, trying not to miss her already) boyfriend.

Then headed out to Eastwood for after dinner drinks. We chilled out, didn't exactly reminisce nor did we have our teary speeches on hand. If you would look at us, it was like an ordinary night of cousins hanging out. Only four of the girl cousins were available to chill. Thus, only four were present in the "photo shoot." Two of which are the camera addicts, who have carefully studied and mastered their best sides.

We ended pretty late then cause we had some family-relationship talk after dropping Angie off to work. Yes, she works at night. More likely, really early morning. Like 1am early.




* * *

Next Stop: Saturday Morning, Lunch with College Friends at Cafe Adriatico, Eastwood

After Gilbey's wedding last May 2004, my college friends and I had not gotten together. Primarily because of our busy sched and minor tiffs. However, due to the fact that we were to be introduced to a new member in our barkada (a boyfriend!), Steve, we had to meet. We were time-pressured to do so because he's leaving the country in a couple of days time.

I never thought lunch would take 4hours but ours did especially since we hot-seated pretty much everybody in the group. Well, I pretty much hot-seated everyone since I asked the most, uhm, inviting entrancing questions in the group, Kris Aquino style with my pink headband. I think I managed to shut up the Boy Abunda of the group, else he'd be placing himself in a hot spot with his misus.

All of us had stories to tell, questions to ask, and comments to say. I'd leave details at that. All I can say, someone's about to get married and one is pressured to be married because of that! (Btw, big thanks to Steve for the cha lunch.)

Now that everyone's pretty much updated with the lives of everyone else, I hope it doesn't take ages for us to get-together again. This time, I hope to put Sarah in the hot-seat.

* * *

Next Stop: Saturday Afternoon, Coffee with Cookie at The Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf Company, Libis

Slightly after my college friends left, I met Cookie at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Yes, I was there the night before and, yes, the baristas know me and my order already, but after spending last week at Starbucks, I had to change my coffee shops. Though, I pretty much ordered the same thing -- White Chocolate Dream to Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocca (no whipped cream, non-fat milk.)

Cookie just arrived from Singapore and I can't tell you how happy I am that she's actually back. She's always been a phone call away, albeit a long-distance call, but now she's actually here! I can actually see her when I need to talk or drown my sorrows in coffee and beer. (Yes, my liver is about to have its alcohol fill, now what Cookie is back in town.)

Seeing our pictures and our eyes, we were both really tired. But we managed to hang out for some three hours before I headed to my next stop. Talking about nothing, something, and everything there is.



* * *

Next Stop: Saturday Evening, Uncle's Birthday Pary at Uncle's House, just beside ours!

My fourth stop is right beside our house, where my Uncle is celebrating his 5Xth birthday. Finally, the cousins were complete. We had our picture taken (again!) and chatted about goodbyes and weddings. It's such a shame that Xten won't be here for Christian's wedding.

Oh yeah, I had a photo shoot with one of my camera addict cousins, Angie, after some people left. But I think I'd be Rated-X if I posted it here, so I'll just post a decent one of us.

* * *

Last Stop: Sunday Morning, A Rare Visit to Alabang

I rarely go South. Normally, I would go South if I'm heading to an out-of-town place such as Tagaytay or Batangas. However, this Sunday was an exception.

I found out recently I'm going to be a godmother to my cousin's child, Gab. I was so excited to see him. I'm glad I did cause he's soooooooooo cute. Aren't babies the best? I love the look of him and the smell of him.

At three weeks, he was so small and frail that I didn't want to hold him. I thought he might break or something. Besides, he's face crumpled the first time I held him that I thought he was going to wail!

Lucky me, Gab's such a nice baby. He didn't really scream his head off (but he kept farting!) In a matter of minutes, I was holding him like a pro. When I first held him, I was hooked. I knew I wanted one already. Considering that his mom is a year younger than me (and the pressure of the biological clock ticking), I couldn't help but implore to my parents to allow me to have a kid without a husband.

Of course, that would be out of the question. Hence, I promise myself to be the best godmother that Baby Gab will ever have.




* * *

Really tiring weekend. So much emotional turmoil that it's exhausting and draining. It's like sad-happy-happy-sad-happy-sad.

Considering I'll be in training tomorrow, I thought I'd best post now even though it's nearing midnight. The pictures will just follow, I promise.

Good night. :)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home