Monday, October 18, 2004

college days

This afternoon, I got reminded of how I was when I was in college. It started out with him asking about certain organization in Ateneo. It later occurred to me that he was actually referring to the orgs I was in. I figured it out when he started asking me if I ever held a position in my course org.

He later moved on to my classes and my classrooms. It's so stalker-ish. Or at least it felt like it. But the thing is, I know this guy. I just felt eerie that I was being cross-examined like that. I suddenly felt like I'm in some job interview with my resume on my inquisitor's hands. The only difference between that situation and now is that I don't know what is written in my so-called "social resume."

Believe me, information is such a powerful thing. It makes one feel scared for what is available out there.

* * *

Speaking of college days, one of my former classmates sent this in our course egroups. I don't know if Globe would really advertise something like this to cater for it's Atenean patrons, but what the heck, I like it just fine.

Reminds me a lot of the days I almost flunked Philosophy. Yes, kids, the prevalent grade I had for Philo then was D. I hated orals then (not the other kind of orals -- that one I enjoy!) Oral examinations during midterms and finals I ended up flunking no matter how much I studied for it. I'm not sure if it's stage fright that I had back then or that I find it hard to explain things that are not in numbers or if-then-else scenarios.

Though, I did keep the written long test in my senior year where I got an A. I'm almost tempted to frame it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home