oktoberfest nightmare
Eastwood was mutilated last Friday night. It was worse than my Fete experience to be honest. At least the jologs in Fete bothered to dress up, these guys came by Eastwood in jerseys and slippers, looking very much like the tambay they are. Ack! My prejudice is showing!
Cookie, Ed, and I arrived at Eastwood around 7-nish. We stayed at Jack's Loft where we waited for Phil and Sisig. I influenced Cookie to break her "I-wouldn't-touch-alcohol-for-one-year" pact that she made on her birthday last month. I know, I know. I'm such a bad girl.
Anyhoo, we ended up drinking a couple of glasses of beer. Here's the count as far as my tipsy mind can remember:
Talk about a good mix to get really drunk.
Good friends were with me so they pretty much took care of me -- from my bathroom needs, to treating me coffee, and keeping me awake via cfone all through the cab drive home.
* * *
Believe me, though, I am paying up for Friday night and yesterday. I haven't been sleeping because I've been going to wakes and burials this weekend. I stayed up until early in the morning, mourning with my friends (Condolence to Don and Bea by the way). I haven't been sleeping at all because of the thoughts on the mu-mus, too. Oh yeah, and the texts at 3:30am from a certain someone (P) inviting me to go dancing in Sibil, Timog next Saturday.
When I lack sleep, sooo tired, and there's a change of weather, chances are I get an asthma attack. A very bad asthma attack. This morning, I woke up after just two hours of sleep, and I felt it. I felt the clogged nose and the heaviness on the chest. My muscles were aching, breathing through my mouth, perspiring cold sweat, coughing my heart out, and I know I'm dead.
No more gimiks until I'm better.
I have this like once every six months and they stay for about three to four weeks. Urgh, just thinking about what I'll be missing for the next couple of weeks is sending me to a medicine frenzy right now. I don't normally drink meds, for those who know me can attest to that, but now I'm pumping myself so that I wouldn't get any more sick than I already am.
Sigh. For the first time today, I don't even appreciate my yosi. I was at Starbucks earlier, had coffee and pastries. Argh!!! I can't taste anything!!!
Another sigh. I need a hug. Maybe some kispirin and yakapsul would do the trick and make me better.
I hate getting sick. I hate being REALLY sick.
Cookie, Ed, and I arrived at Eastwood around 7-nish. We stayed at Jack's Loft where we waited for Phil and Sisig. I influenced Cookie to break her "I-wouldn't-touch-alcohol-for-one-year" pact that she made on her birthday last month. I know, I know. I'm such a bad girl.
Anyhoo, we ended up drinking a couple of glasses of beer. Here's the count as far as my tipsy mind can remember:
I have a habit of not eating before drinking, therefore I was definitely done in two glasses. I got claustrophobic because of the swarms of people I was seeing that I had to take a walk to the parking lot. Oh yeah, I saw red, too, when I got insensitive texts from a certain someone.Ed - O
Me - 2 San Mig Draft
Phil - 6 San Mig Light
Cookie - 4 San Mig Draft
Sisig - I only saw 2 but he claimed to have drank with his wifey and her friends
Talk about a good mix to get really drunk.
Good friends were with me so they pretty much took care of me -- from my bathroom needs, to treating me coffee, and keeping me awake via cfone all through the cab drive home.
Believe me, though, I am paying up for Friday night and yesterday. I haven't been sleeping because I've been going to wakes and burials this weekend. I stayed up until early in the morning, mourning with my friends (Condolence to Don and Bea by the way). I haven't been sleeping at all because of the thoughts on the mu-mus, too. Oh yeah, and the texts at 3:30am from a certain someone (P) inviting me to go dancing in Sibil, Timog next Saturday.
When I lack sleep, sooo tired, and there's a change of weather, chances are I get an asthma attack. A very bad asthma attack. This morning, I woke up after just two hours of sleep, and I felt it. I felt the clogged nose and the heaviness on the chest. My muscles were aching, breathing through my mouth, perspiring cold sweat, coughing my heart out, and I know I'm dead.
No more gimiks until I'm better.
I have this like once every six months and they stay for about three to four weeks. Urgh, just thinking about what I'll be missing for the next couple of weeks is sending me to a medicine frenzy right now. I don't normally drink meds, for those who know me can attest to that, but now I'm pumping myself so that I wouldn't get any more sick than I already am.
Sigh. For the first time today, I don't even appreciate my yosi. I was at Starbucks earlier, had coffee and pastries. Argh!!! I can't taste anything!!!
Another sigh. I need a hug. Maybe some kispirin and yakapsul would do the trick and make me better.
I hate getting sick. I hate being REALLY sick.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home