Monday, October 11, 2004

my hero's dead

I just read a link from a college batchmate.

Superman is dead.



I don't mean the comic hero. He died when I was in highschool and resurrected him for business/marketing reasons. I'm referring to the man behind Superman, Christopher Reeve.

Superman is my first hero (well, after my dad) and Christopher Reeve is my first Hollywood crush. I am saddened to hear that he died at the age of 52. He seemed ageless to me like Superman is. At the same time, I thought Christopher Reeve would live forever, as well.

He didn't exactly grow older in the movies since he stopped making them since his accident. He would always be this young, dashing, awkward Clark Kent. His chiseled jaw and charming smile would always be in my memory. He represented what I would consider a gentleman, at least, in my childhood fantasies.

I think I used to have fantasies about marrying him.

*sigh*

Life is so short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home