Tuesday, October 12, 2004

on seconds

When should the second date happen?

For most of you who are reading me, I never got to a point where I had a second date. On the first instance, I got invited but I said "no". On the second time, no word after his text that he's home already. I thought it would be pretty much the same with the third.

We did text after Friday night (Saturday morning to be precise) but there was no mention of a future date. Until a bantering over a bet Sunday morning, I won, he lost. He's supposed to treat me but there was no mention of when, where, how, and the like. I chalked it up to the air and marked it as "something likely/not likely to happen."

Last night he asked if I was busy, and I said "no". We got to talk on the phone and he even joked about the mu-mu that he read from my blog. (I don't exactly remember why I told him about my blog but I did.) Somewhere in the middle of the phone conversation, he asked, "So when?"

At first, I was confused. Then I got him confused. Until we were too confused to move further in the conversation. Finally, we sorted things out by starting from the very beginning -- him asking when do I want us to go out next.

"This week?" I asked.

"This week, next week," he replied. "When?

After telling him that I'd be out of town this weekend and that I'd be meeting some Atenean friends on Wednesday and Thursday (but not sure), I'll only be available Tuesday (yep, today!)

"Isn't it too soon for a second date?" he asked. "It's just been four days since we last went out."

That got me dumbfounded.

So, I'm posting again the question: When is the second date supposed to happen? Is there some unwritten rule as to when the next date should be?

But going out next would seem too long since I'm not available this weekend. So, exactly, when is soon too soon or too late?

Btw, we're not pushing through tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home