guys and jealousy
I have an office-breakfast-mate who I always invite to Starbucks, Podium on occasions we don't get to have breakfast at home or else where. These breakfasts, more or less, turn into a meeting of some sort, whether we're discussing the projects we're working on or constructively criticizing venting to each other regarding office pains and politics.
This morning's conversation had taken a different turn. We started discussing my love life or dating life to be exact. He knew parts of my love life and was asking me if I had a date to bring to his wedding in Iloilo next year.
I said, that's too far out to think about. But I am kinda-sorta-not-really seeing someone.
You see, my almost-second-date last week finally pushed through last night. P and I had dinner at Omakase in Libis. I chose the place because I was craving for their American Dream (maki with salmon and cream cheese) and yasai itame. At first he wasn't into Japanese. He hated wasabi. Period. Through out dinner, I managed to convert him to being an Omakase-fan. He said he wouldn't mind coming back. (Yahoo! I love the place! Go there! Now na!)

Had a lovely time with P as I did on the first date. He found out I love dancing and he invited me to go to dancing on Saturday night in Morato. (Perfect, I have a dinner and vid-ok scheduled with my college friends and we can meet up after that. No intentions of bringing him there or introducing him as we agreed on in our talks on the phone.)
Anyway, before the breakfast, I told a certain guy about last night's date with P and his reactions were not good. That being the understatement of the year. My bad that I didn't tell him before hand about it. I don't think I can describe the magnitude of the emotions that were going back and forth the telephone line. To the point, we put the phone down with a sour note and I went to Starbucks with my office-breakfast-mate with aguilty heavy heart.
Then I asked W, my officemate, "Are guys generally jealous or are jealous guys exceptions to the rule?"
"All guys are jealous. It's a just matter of manifestation," he replied, after sipping his Cafe Mocca. "Some show it, while others don't say a word,"
It shocked me. To think a guy would admit it out loud and declare probably one of the most obvious statements in the world for the crowd at Starbucks to hear.
"Never mix guys and jealousy," he later added with a sense of finality.
Maybe I was too insensitive to mention it to the-guy-who-got-really-pissed. Must have been really insensitve when I remember asking P if he felt jealous of the other guys I'm kinda-sorta-not-really seeing in our two hour phone conversations in the middle of the night. (Btw, he admitted "yes", but did not react vehemently.) Maybe I'm being overly insensitive considering that these guys read my blog and I'm publizing it.
I guess I assumed that for as long as there's no commitment, there's no room for jealousy. I thought girls are the only ones feeling irrational bouts of anger after being bitten by the green-eyed snake. I thought guys are supposed to be cool about open relationships, while girls are adamant and have notions of proprietary ownership over their men. Or is it just the concept of double standards, one is to many for guys, while one is to one for girls, that's running a man's world?
Lesson for Today: Never step on a man's ego or you'll rue the day that you were born (suffering the consequences.)
Lesson#2: Expect some more bashing after this post. *sigh*
This morning's conversation had taken a different turn. We started discussing my love life or dating life to be exact. He knew parts of my love life and was asking me if I had a date to bring to his wedding in Iloilo next year.
I said, that's too far out to think about. But I am kinda-sorta-not-really seeing someone.
You see, my almost-second-date last week finally pushed through last night. P and I had dinner at Omakase in Libis. I chose the place because I was craving for their American Dream (maki with salmon and cream cheese) and yasai itame. At first he wasn't into Japanese. He hated wasabi. Period. Through out dinner, I managed to convert him to being an Omakase-fan. He said he wouldn't mind coming back. (Yahoo! I love the place! Go there! Now na!)

Had a lovely time with P as I did on the first date. He found out I love dancing and he invited me to go to dancing on Saturday night in Morato. (Perfect, I have a dinner and vid-ok scheduled with my college friends and we can meet up after that. No intentions of bringing him there or introducing him as we agreed on in our talks on the phone.)
Anyway, before the breakfast, I told a certain guy about last night's date with P and his reactions were not good. That being the understatement of the year. My bad that I didn't tell him before hand about it. I don't think I can describe the magnitude of the emotions that were going back and forth the telephone line. To the point, we put the phone down with a sour note and I went to Starbucks with my office-breakfast-mate with a
Then I asked W, my officemate, "Are guys generally jealous or are jealous guys exceptions to the rule?"
"All guys are jealous. It's a just matter of manifestation," he replied, after sipping his Cafe Mocca. "Some show it, while others don't say a word,"
It shocked me. To think a guy would admit it out loud and declare probably one of the most obvious statements in the world for the crowd at Starbucks to hear.
"Never mix guys and jealousy," he later added with a sense of finality.
Maybe I was too insensitive to mention it to the-guy-who-got-really-pissed. Must have been really insensitve when I remember asking P if he felt jealous of the other guys I'm kinda-sorta-not-really seeing in our two hour phone conversations in the middle of the night. (Btw, he admitted "yes", but did not react vehemently.) Maybe I'm being overly insensitive considering that these guys read my blog and I'm publizing it.
I guess I assumed that for as long as there's no commitment, there's no room for jealousy. I thought girls are the only ones feeling irrational bouts of anger after being bitten by the green-eyed snake. I thought guys are supposed to be cool about open relationships, while girls are adamant and have notions of proprietary ownership over their men. Or is it just the concept of double standards, one is to many for guys, while one is to one for girls, that's running a man's world?
Lesson for Today: Never step on a man's ego or you'll rue the day that you were born (suffering the consequences.)
Lesson#2: Expect some more bashing after this post. *sigh*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home