Thursday, November 11, 2004

birthday thanks

This is my "thank-you-for-bearing-up-with-me-when-I-was-miserable-days-before-my-my birthday" and "thank-you-for-remembering-my-my birthday" post.

I'm a mababaw person. It doesn't take much to make me happy really. But I want to highlight the things that "up-ed" me on this particulary pensive my birthday (in chronological order):

1. This blogger's November 9 post is dedicated to me. I swear you really made me cry with the simple but sweet gesture. I'm expecting the dance on Friday night.

2. Friends who tried to talk me out of my depression, especially my college friends YM chat. You guys have been there for me, even though I'm unbearable.

3. Free beer at Sidebar. The CFO decided to welcome my birthday with two rounds of beer at Sidebar.

4. In turn, Sidebar gave me free cake cause it's my birthday.

5. A friend checking me up the night before my birthday, insisting that an episode of Sex and the City should cheer me up.

6. Phone calls from people I haven't heard from in months (years?) and birthday sms from people I didn't think would remember (or even knew when my birthday is). This would cover the countless of on line messages I got today when I checked.

7. Early morning mass and breakfast with my family reminding me that I have a lot to be thankful for.

8. Afternoon delight catching up with a friend I haven't talked to for sometime.

9. Lola's 1K gift is used as contribution for a very painful, yet inexpensive, derma treatment in the late afternoon. My cheeks are now bright-red tomatoes. Friends tell me I should tell people I got sun-burned in Bora. Funny thought cause I've never gone to Boracay.

10. A one-month old puppy, Jacky, birthday present from my parents. She's half-labrador and half-something else. Abbey, our pug, now has a sister.

11. Buffet dinner at Dad's. Even though it was my treat, it was the longest that my family spent on a dinner table at two hours! (We normally last 20 minutes.)

12. Dad's singers singing me "Happy birthday, Maam Cecil!" A first for me. Secretly, I have been wanting this for years now.


13. Sleeping with a full tummy and being able to wake up the day after my birthday feeling good.

Thank you to each and everyone who made me feel special yesterday (even those who forgot!).

*BIG HUG*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home