Wednesday, December 15, 2004

pre-wedding jitters

It's not like I'm the one who's getting married.

But I can't help but feel aprehensive. Mainly because it's my cousin, a year older than me, and I'm next on the line of "eligible to get married". (All cousins and brothers older than me are already saddled up and I'm the oldest single dudette in the bunch.) Secondly, it's because I'm their wedding coordinator.

*sigh*

If ever I should leave my technical career, I'd probably be an event planner or do something creative. I've done debuts and weddings for the past two years, hosted some, but mostly coordinated the event. Most, if not all, had been successful. We didn't bore the guests and everybody enjoyed the unique games we played during weddings for the bouquet and garter.

But this is my cousin's wedding. It's success weighs more to me than the others I've done for my friends. Like last year's event, my cousin's debut.

I coordinated Michelle's debut and I was a wreck for months. Primarily because I was scared it would be a flop and I'm going to be a failure. I thought my aunt and uncle would hate me if the event would be a disaster. Luckily, it didn't despite the rain that night. Luckily, my aunt and uncle still talks to me and I'm still alive.

I hope this set of aunt and uncle (and cousin and soon-to-be-wifey) will still talk to me after today.

* * *

I've been asked how many times I've been a bridesmaid and I can't recall now how many exactly. All I know is that I have a closet full of gowns that I could rent out. From colors of pink and blue to fuscia and aquamarine.

They say "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride." Somehow, it's appropriate with me.

God knows I know how I'd want my wedding to go - the colors that I want to use, how the church and reception would look like, what kind of flowers, the songs that will play, among other things. I know what I don't want. I know who will be part of it and the roles that they will play. It's going to be perfect... like a dream.

Except there's only one problem.

There's no groom in the horizon.

I don't think there's ever gonna be one.

(Gawd, I hope I'm just saying this now cause I'm going date-less!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home