Tuesday, February 15, 2005

we are the champions

I think I mentioned in my previous (really older) posts that I only watch basketball if it's the NBA finals or the UAAP Ateneo-La Salle games. For the past couple of weeks, with the great influence of Mark, I got to tune in to the local PBA finals.

When it comes to PBA, I've always been a Ginebra fan -- primarily because it was the team that my kuya loved back when I was in grade school, which is a zillion years ago. (Now he only watches NBA since he lives in the States.) Old habits die hard, if they die at all, so I've been cheering for them since game1 in the best of seven finals. Booed when they did something stupid and shouted cheers for them when they scored in the confines of my room.

When Ginebra led the series with a game at 3-2, I knew the next game would mean the championship cup if Ginebra won. So I got myself 3 tickets for the Friday game, assured by Mark and Chris that they will watch with me.

Last Friday, I tried to finish my work and meetings early, intent on going to Araneta a little early to get good seats. Of course, all day long I've been trying to get in touch with either Mark or Chris to know if they're picking me up or we're just meeting there.

Knowing Mark as well as I do, as mentioned in my November-December posts, I should have expected that they'll be backing out in the last minute. So at 5:30pm, I have three tickets for a 7:00pm game and I wasn't sure if I was going to go by myself.

Luckily, my officemates were willing to go with me. We were four and decided that the fourth ticket will be brought from a scalper and headed to Araneta, where other 18,000++ people were also heading.

One thing I can say is that, I'm glad I didn't miss the game at all!


me and the officemates who watched the game

ginebra the champions celebrating in the big dome

me and pbl player alex compton in hazy shots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home