Wednesday, February 02, 2005

acute insomnia

in-som-ni-a n.
Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time.


I don't think I've ever had insomia before. I had one nighters when I couldn't bring myself to sleep because of a good book, gimik, or stress (that I end up cleaning my room.) Of course, back in the school days, it was mandatory to stay awake for an exam or project or my thesis (to which I attribute my loss of 17lbs in 2003!)

There's always a reason not to sleep. After all, I love sleeping.

But for the past two days I just couldn't sleep. On Monday night, I went to bed around 8pm since I was tired from work. I ended up sleeping at 3:30am the next day. Hence, I decided not to go to work yesterday because my head was throbbing like hell. I slept some part of the day before doing some errands and chores. Then around 10pm I turned in. Ended up staying awake till 5:00am today. I can't afford to miss work two days in a row so I got to the office a little later than usual.

Normally, tv or a book would make me sleepy (especially if they're re-runs) but last night it wasn't working. I've managed to watch Amazing Race 6 and Zoe Busiek: Wildcard three times each and Charmed twice during the night. As much as I wanted to sleep, I just couldn't. It's like my mind is all awake even though my body is yearning for much needed rest.

Tell me, is there a way to tell your mind that your body needs to sleep already???

Funny thing is, nothing is stressing me as of the moment. No heavy thinking, work, family, or lovelife whatsoever. Hmmm, maybe the non-thinking is poving to be the cause of my mind's restlessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home