post valentine mortem
For the first time, since I discovered the wonders (and disillusion) of love and relationship, I didn't gripe about this year's Valentine.
My track record for the three ex-boyfriends during that time of the year was non-existent. Yes, dear friends (and readers), I have never experienced an honest-to-goodness Valentine date. So what else would be new for this year?
I decided to spend Vday differently. I didn't go to work because I had a date. Three dates to be exact. My first date was a very early morning date (without breakfast) with the DFA a.k.a. Department of Foreign Affairs.
My passport is due to expire on June 2005 but my mom and I found out we can't travel if the passport is not valid for at least six months. This, of course, required us to have our passports expedited because we're leaving on the first week of March for a trip.
Since we wanted to avoid long lines, we left the house at 5am. It took us 3hours to lineup and have it processed. Thankfully, we were done by 9am. Unfortunately, we forgot how traffic it was during Valentine's and ended up going home around lunch time.
Ergo, my second date. A very nice lunch out with my immediate family. My mom's treat. =)
Afterwhich, my brother and I had a date with our derma. There we endured a couple of hours of relaxation and pain (in that order) for vanity's sake.
The whole day stressed me out which caused me to have a slight fever (lagnat) by late afternoon. I think my love-nat was my only reminder that it was Valentine's Day and that I should be out with someone special, who would be taking care of me.

my 2005 valentine's memorabilia... good for five years!
My track record for the three ex-boyfriends during that time of the year was non-existent. Yes, dear friends (and readers), I have never experienced an honest-to-goodness Valentine date. So what else would be new for this year?
I decided to spend Vday differently. I didn't go to work because I had a date. Three dates to be exact. My first date was a very early morning date (without breakfast) with the DFA a.k.a. Department of Foreign Affairs.
My passport is due to expire on June 2005 but my mom and I found out we can't travel if the passport is not valid for at least six months. This, of course, required us to have our passports expedited because we're leaving on the first week of March for a trip.
Since we wanted to avoid long lines, we left the house at 5am. It took us 3hours to lineup and have it processed. Thankfully, we were done by 9am. Unfortunately, we forgot how traffic it was during Valentine's and ended up going home around lunch time.
Ergo, my second date. A very nice lunch out with my immediate family. My mom's treat. =)
Afterwhich, my brother and I had a date with our derma. There we endured a couple of hours of relaxation and pain (in that order) for vanity's sake.
The whole day stressed me out which caused me to have a slight fever (lagnat) by late afternoon. I think my love-nat was my only reminder that it was Valentine's Day and that I should be out with someone special, who would be taking care of me.

my 2005 valentine's memorabilia... good for five years!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home