down memory lane
Gary, Ara, Nuni (Ara's friend), and I hooked up earlier at Starbucks (Leviste) for a little over an hour just to see each other. It's been awhile since we chilled.
As I sat in one of the chairs, smoke on one hand, I looked out to the park up front and recalled the last time I was there. It was late at night, after our masteral class, when Chrysnan, Karen, and I bought a couple of beers from a ministop at the corner of Leviste and headed to the park to drink the last few sessions of our thesis class. It was our last term together and all of us were rushing for the finish line.
That was almost two years ago.
When we said our goodbyes and went on our separate ways, I decided to visit my school, a home for two years in my life. There were little old faces, all of which were professors and staffers. I chit-chatted with some -- all of which boiled down to the question, "How's your love life?" Not "How's work?" or "How's your family/batchmates?" but "When are you getting married?"
I politely answered and took refuge in the GP Laboratory, where I am writing my post now.
In all my academic years, it was with my masters that I enjoyed the most. Aside from the fact that I excelled (I graduated with a gold medal when I didn't even get to the dean's list in college) and paid for my own tuition, it's when I had the most fun, most gimik/activities, and most friends (ranging from students my age and beyond, and staffers and teachers who I've maintained in contact with.) This where I became active, intellectually and socially, the most. Where I learned how to balance my time with my work, my school work, my gimiks, and my family. Where I learned how to prioritize and sacrifice to reach my goals. (I didn't have a boyfriend while I was studying until my last term when I knew I was going to make it to graduation.)
I know for sure that my masters, my school, and my time in this institution, is one of the major reasons why I am where I am in my career. The skills and confidence I've learned, backed with my corporate experiences, have made me a cut above the rest.
This is a post thanking Ateneo Information Technology Institute (AITI) for those two great years. With you, I wouldn't have an M.S. Information Management to my name.
As I sat in one of the chairs, smoke on one hand, I looked out to the park up front and recalled the last time I was there. It was late at night, after our masteral class, when Chrysnan, Karen, and I bought a couple of beers from a ministop at the corner of Leviste and headed to the park to drink the last few sessions of our thesis class. It was our last term together and all of us were rushing for the finish line.
That was almost two years ago.
When we said our goodbyes and went on our separate ways, I decided to visit my school, a home for two years in my life. There were little old faces, all of which were professors and staffers. I chit-chatted with some -- all of which boiled down to the question, "How's your love life?" Not "How's work?" or "How's your family/batchmates?" but "When are you getting married?"
I politely answered and took refuge in the GP Laboratory, where I am writing my post now.
In all my academic years, it was with my masters that I enjoyed the most. Aside from the fact that I excelled (I graduated with a gold medal when I didn't even get to the dean's list in college) and paid for my own tuition, it's when I had the most fun, most gimik/activities, and most friends (ranging from students my age and beyond, and staffers and teachers who I've maintained in contact with.) This where I became active, intellectually and socially, the most. Where I learned how to balance my time with my work, my school work, my gimiks, and my family. Where I learned how to prioritize and sacrifice to reach my goals. (I didn't have a boyfriend while I was studying until my last term when I knew I was going to make it to graduation.)
I know for sure that my masters, my school, and my time in this institution, is one of the major reasons why I am where I am in my career. The skills and confidence I've learned, backed with my corporate experiences, have made me a cut above the rest.
This is a post thanking Ateneo Information Technology Institute (AITI) for those two great years. With you, I wouldn't have an M.S. Information Management to my name.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home