Friday, April 22, 2005

something's got to give

There comes a point in time when:

  • You can't stand things anymore and you just have to vent.
  • Breathing in and out doesn't work anymore to alleviate your distress.
  • You reach a crossroad and you're forced to make a decision.
  • Status quo is no longer an option.
  • You just have to take a stand.
  • Reality suddenly forces you have to evaluate who you are and the person you've become.
  • You can no longer remain in your niche and it's time to move out.
  • Change is inevitable.
  • You have to compromise yourself in the process.
* * *

I don't know if it's just me or the summer season that makes it harder to get up from bed and go to work.

I've been wanting to take a break, go to the beach, and swim all day. But the ghastly thought of me getting darker, considering I'm a part of the entourage on my friend's wedding this June, is enough to stop me from letting that happen. (Ok, compromise, I'll swim for a couple of hours and put a lot of sunblock.)

To be honest, if it weren't for my seven OJTs at work, I'd probably take a day off every now and then.

* * *

Yep, folks. I have seven OJTS (a.k.a. kids) to manage. Maybe one of these days, I'll actually post a group picture here. Hmmm, just as long as I can pass off as their age... or they pass off as mine.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Seven years is a big gap.

* * *

At nineteen, they really shouldn't be called "kids". After all, everybody's at legal age already.

Except, I get to hear comments about them every other day from managers and HR, resulting to "reprimand sessions" right after.

Granted we are situated right in the middle of the corporate offices, everybody's living under the microscope.

Never thought I'd feel like a parent to teenagers in such an early age.

* * *

These days I've been wearing black.

This is much to my a particular OJT's dismay. She's looking forward to seeing me in a girly pink skirt. (Btw, I know you're likely to read this since you asked for my blog's URL.)

The reason behind this?

I'm mourning.

* * *

Cliches. I need them right now.
  • Things happen for a reason.
  • What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
  • Life is like a wheel. Sometimes you're up, other times you're flat on your face.
  • There's always tomorrow (after today.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home