the day the music died
3 May 2005
Dear Mr. XXX XXX:
Please accept this letter as my formal 60-day notice of resignation from XXX, effective 2 July 2005.
Thank you for the opportunity you gave me as Management Trainee and the time you spent in helping me in the process. The learning experience that came from it is truly invaluable.
The associations I've made during my employment here, with management and coworkers, will truly be memorable for years to come.
I wish XXX continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team.
Sincerely,
Cecil XXX
* * *
I did it.
After weeks of stressing about my job (and 10lbs heavier), I finally did it.
For the first time in my entire career, I submitted my letter of resignation yesterday.
This has been bothering me for quite sometime now (ergo, the explanation of not being able to blog the past couple of weeks.) I didn't want to write about it because I felt it would be too public, considering my situation and the people in the office who know of my blog.
It was less than two weeks back when my mom suggested I resign from my work. She noticed that I was in a bad mood most of the time and that I had to drag myself from bed each morning to go to work. She gave me the assurance that I wouldn't go hungry when I quit my job.
Thinking about my credit card bills and monthly expenses, I knew I couldn't afford not to have a job. But I was no longer happy with my situation. I went on a "mourning" period after my mom and I talked.
I had talks with people much experienced and wiser than me and I learned to detach my emotions little by little. Last week, after much thought, I decided I to resign. I knew it was still a rash decision, having made it so soon.
But when I decided it, the world suddenly became a much brighter place and I couldn't stop smiling and feeling happy. Of course, the tension of submitting my resignation letter to the CEO was another thing to stress about. I have much respect (and fear) for the man (fyi, he isn't the reason why I'm resigning!) I owe him a lot for the opportunity (and trust) he gave me but I knew I still had to go.
His last words for me after we talked about my resignation was "Your letter seems final. If you ever change your mind in the next 60 days, my door is always open to you."
I'm touched. Really. But I've pretty much made up my mind.
I know I'm doing the right. I'm happy with it. That's what's more important.
Dear Mr. XXX XXX:
Please accept this letter as my formal 60-day notice of resignation from XXX, effective 2 July 2005.
Thank you for the opportunity you gave me as Management Trainee and the time you spent in helping me in the process. The learning experience that came from it is truly invaluable.
The associations I've made during my employment here, with management and coworkers, will truly be memorable for years to come.
I wish XXX continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team.
Sincerely,
Cecil XXX
I did it.
After weeks of stressing about my job (and 10lbs heavier), I finally did it.
For the first time in my entire career, I submitted my letter of resignation yesterday.
This has been bothering me for quite sometime now (ergo, the explanation of not being able to blog the past couple of weeks.) I didn't want to write about it because I felt it would be too public, considering my situation and the people in the office who know of my blog.
It was less than two weeks back when my mom suggested I resign from my work. She noticed that I was in a bad mood most of the time and that I had to drag myself from bed each morning to go to work. She gave me the assurance that I wouldn't go hungry when I quit my job.
Thinking about my credit card bills and monthly expenses, I knew I couldn't afford not to have a job. But I was no longer happy with my situation. I went on a "mourning" period after my mom and I talked.
I had talks with people much experienced and wiser than me and I learned to detach my emotions little by little. Last week, after much thought, I decided I to resign. I knew it was still a rash decision, having made it so soon.
But when I decided it, the world suddenly became a much brighter place and I couldn't stop smiling and feeling happy. Of course, the tension of submitting my resignation letter to the CEO was another thing to stress about. I have much respect (and fear) for the man (fyi, he isn't the reason why I'm resigning!) I owe him a lot for the opportunity (and trust) he gave me but I knew I still had to go.
His last words for me after we talked about my resignation was "Your letter seems final. If you ever change your mind in the next 60 days, my door is always open to you."
I'm touched. Really. But I've pretty much made up my mind.
I know I'm doing the right. I'm happy with it. That's what's more important.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home