stuff to fill the void
Last Thursday was my dad's 56th birthday (and the birthday of two friends of mine, Anna and Francis.)
We celebrated his birthday differently this year by watching Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. All of four of us.
Why did I say it was different? You see, my dad hates to watch movies in a movie house. Ever since the bad news of fires, drugs, and what not happening in a big dark room full of strangers, he's been wary about going to the movies and often discourages my brother and I from watching.
I think the last movie we watched together as a family was Titanic!
* * *
Episode III was great. I haven't seen a movie in a movie house for a long time, which made watching it greater!
I can relate with Anakin in his conflict between the Jedi Council and Palpatine. Sounds like pretty much the conflict I'm experiencing at work. Except that I don't have a love interest that I should protect whatsoever, which is why I've decided to leave the company before I compromise myself any further.
The prequel is now complete. Now, I want to have a Star Wars movie marathon from one to six. But, I'm willing to settle to watching Episodes IV to VI. So if any of you have a copy that you can loan, please lend it!
* * *
Speaking of marathons, I recently watch The Contender marathon last Saturday. To be honest, I've been watching the marathon for three Saturdays now at AXN.
Among all reality shows, this is the one that I have come to love the most! It's not because I'm fond of hitting, fighting, and boxing (but I've become fond -- too fond that I want to take up the sport myself!) It showcased life, family, friendship, and human nature. What I love about it best was that they won by their own merit, albeit the bruises and beating they get.
I've loved Joey in the first round. Everybody thought he was the weakest link because he had the least number of fights and he was a college boxer and not pro (and a lawyer to boot!) But he did beat Jimmy Lange in the first round. I thought it was magnanimous of him to let Peter win the car in one of their challenges and thought it was a movie brilliant to set up the matches. But I thought it was in bad taste that he wanted to change the fights they already arranged because Anthony was hurt and he thought he could win the fight. Good thing, Jesse won the challenge and the match originally made was set. I did feel sorry for Joey that he got an accidental headbutt that made him lose the fight with Peter. Per Sugar Ray's words, "Joey's the heart of The Contender."
In the finaly four, it was Peter vs. Alfonso and Jesse vs. Sergio. I was torn with who I wanted to win in the Peter vs. Alfonso match. Peter lost to Alfonso on the first round but was brought back because Jeff got sick with chicken pox. Ever since then, Peter's been winning. I honestly wanted Alfonso to win because I liked his personality and the way he carried himself throughout the show. Peter's kid and comeback certainly made me want for him to win as well. If you watched last Monday night at AXN, then you know it was Peter who won. A much deserved win.
Tomorrow night, I'll be home early. It's the Jesse-Sergio match. The Joker vs. The Brains. On Wednesday, one of them will meet Peter at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and the winner will be The Contender.
After re-reading this bit, I feel like a promoter or a commentator of the show!
* * *
I haven't felt kilig for sometime now. Maybe cause I'm getting all that watching Miss Match. I'm not really into Alicia Silverstone but what caught my attention Macy Gray's Love is Gonna Get You, Miss Match's Soundtrack.
Love is gonna get you baby
Someday, one day, it will be
A good love that gets me
Love is gonna get ya baby
Someday, one day, I will find
Somebody for me
Per Kten's note on a long-overdued birthday gift:
"If you are moved by the sunrise
and if rain on the roof makes you cry,
you are probably in love.
Or you should be."
The last line is much much much more accurate. Except...
Read the last part.
* * *
I don't go out much recently. Frankly, I'm in my solitary time mode. I've been seeing much of Cookie recently because of her new boy. But I haven't kept in touch with most of my friends. Normally, I initiate communication with them but for some time now, I just don't feel like it.
I don't know. I feel like I'm changing. Maturing is the right word I suppose, if not Evolving. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'm not too happy about it.
I feel like I'm destined to be alone. That's why I'm practicing being alone for most parts.
I think I'm losing my idealistic self in the process. I'm getting a little bit too numb and empty.
Maybe that's why I haven't been blogging that much lately.
My world is not as nice as it used to be. But I'm fine.
F.I.N.E.
Fucked-up,
Insecure,
Neurotic, and
Emotional.
(Quoted from The Italian Job.)
We celebrated his birthday differently this year by watching Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. All of four of us.
Why did I say it was different? You see, my dad hates to watch movies in a movie house. Ever since the bad news of fires, drugs, and what not happening in a big dark room full of strangers, he's been wary about going to the movies and often discourages my brother and I from watching.
I think the last movie we watched together as a family was Titanic!
Episode III was great. I haven't seen a movie in a movie house for a long time, which made watching it greater!
I can relate with Anakin in his conflict between the Jedi Council and Palpatine. Sounds like pretty much the conflict I'm experiencing at work. Except that I don't have a love interest that I should protect whatsoever, which is why I've decided to leave the company before I compromise myself any further.
The prequel is now complete. Now, I want to have a Star Wars movie marathon from one to six. But, I'm willing to settle to watching Episodes IV to VI. So if any of you have a copy that you can loan, please lend it!
Speaking of marathons, I recently watch The Contender marathon last Saturday. To be honest, I've been watching the marathon for three Saturdays now at AXN.
Among all reality shows, this is the one that I have come to love the most! It's not because I'm fond of hitting, fighting, and boxing (but I've become fond -- too fond that I want to take up the sport myself!) It showcased life, family, friendship, and human nature. What I love about it best was that they won by their own merit, albeit the bruises and beating they get.
I've loved Joey in the first round. Everybody thought he was the weakest link because he had the least number of fights and he was a college boxer and not pro (and a lawyer to boot!) But he did beat Jimmy Lange in the first round. I thought it was magnanimous of him to let Peter win the car in one of their challenges and thought it was a movie brilliant to set up the matches. But I thought it was in bad taste that he wanted to change the fights they already arranged because Anthony was hurt and he thought he could win the fight. Good thing, Jesse won the challenge and the match originally made was set. I did feel sorry for Joey that he got an accidental headbutt that made him lose the fight with Peter. Per Sugar Ray's words, "Joey's the heart of The Contender."
In the finaly four, it was Peter vs. Alfonso and Jesse vs. Sergio. I was torn with who I wanted to win in the Peter vs. Alfonso match. Peter lost to Alfonso on the first round but was brought back because Jeff got sick with chicken pox. Ever since then, Peter's been winning. I honestly wanted Alfonso to win because I liked his personality and the way he carried himself throughout the show. Peter's kid and comeback certainly made me want for him to win as well. If you watched last Monday night at AXN, then you know it was Peter who won. A much deserved win.
Tomorrow night, I'll be home early. It's the Jesse-Sergio match. The Joker vs. The Brains. On Wednesday, one of them will meet Peter at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and the winner will be The Contender.
After re-reading this bit, I feel like a promoter or a commentator of the show!
I haven't felt kilig for sometime now. Maybe cause I'm getting all that watching Miss Match. I'm not really into Alicia Silverstone but what caught my attention Macy Gray's Love is Gonna Get You, Miss Match's Soundtrack.
Someday, one day, it will be
A good love that gets me
Love is gonna get ya baby
Someday, one day, I will find
Somebody for me
Per Kten's note on a long-overdued birthday gift:
and if rain on the roof makes you cry,
you are probably in love.
Or you should be."
The last line is much much much more accurate. Except...
Read the last part.
I don't go out much recently. Frankly, I'm in my solitary time mode. I've been seeing much of Cookie recently because of her new boy. But I haven't kept in touch with most of my friends. Normally, I initiate communication with them but for some time now, I just don't feel like it.
I don't know. I feel like I'm changing. Maturing is the right word I suppose, if not Evolving. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'm not too happy about it.
I feel like I'm destined to be alone. That's why I'm practicing being alone for most parts.
I think I'm losing my idealistic self in the process. I'm getting a little bit too numb and empty.
Maybe that's why I haven't been blogging that much lately.
My world is not as nice as it used to be. But I'm fine.
F.I.N.E.
Fucked-up,
Insecure,
Neurotic, and
Emotional.
(Quoted from The Italian Job.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home